Any Acan Lord / Micromussa Collectors out there?

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Just curious. If so please tell / show what you have. I have a small collection 12-13 frags / small colonies and just want to see what others have. I will take some updated pics in the next few days. I changed MH bulbs recently and upset my corals.

I'm working on my collection....i have a couple of colonies...and half a dozen frags...

Darren how are your corals doing after they were upset from the light change? I hope all is well with them.

We have two types of micromussa and 2 blasto rocks. One blasto rock has 4 different types.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
70591=4603-MIXEDBLASTOS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
70591=4603-MIXEDBLASTOS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="MIXEDBLASTOS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
70591=4604-ORANGEREDBLASTO.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
70591=4604-ORANGEREDBLASTO.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ORANGEREDBLASTO.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
70591=4605-RED MICROS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
70591=4605-RED MICROS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="RED MICROS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
70591=4607-REDMICROS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
70591=4607-REDMICROS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="REDMICROS.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
70591=4606-REDMICROS2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
70591=4606-REDMICROS2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="REDMICROS2.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Lee, the corals are starting to settle in some. Weird how some corals like certain lights better than others. I have some "LE" palys that were not doing well under the old bulb that have now taken off. Then I have my Acans that got totally pi$$ed and shrunk down into their skeleton for a while. FYI I just went from a 150 DE 14K Phoenix to a 150 DE 20K Ushio. Who would have thought...

Reef1973, I may consider trading / selling some in the future. My problem is that I paid a lot of money for small frags. Many of mine came from "thecaptivereef.com". Since I paid top dollar they are worth more to me than most would be willing to give up. :)

Tanner86 nice Micros. How large are the polyps? I bought a "rare" 1 polyp frag a while back and the polyps are tiny. A little smaller than a pencil eraser. Granted there are now about 25 polyps but they are very tiny polyps.

Darren24;71053 wrote: Tanner86 nice Micros. How large are the polyps? I bought a "rare" 1 polyp frag a while back and the polyps are tiny. A little smaller than a pencil eraser. Granted there are now about 25 polyps but they are very tiny polyps.

The micromussa (the two sitting together in the pics, one orange w/ green centers, the other blood red and baby blue combo) are the size of a dime, each polyp. The other two individual pics are blastos. The tri-colored blasto of pink, green, and purple are the size of a quarter, each polyp. The blasto pic with 4 different types on it, each polyp is the size is slightly smaller than a half dollar.
We have had these for about two weeks and one micromussa colony already has three baby polyps sprouting.

Back