Any advice on paint brands

krb

Market
Reaction score
I just built a stand for my 20 gallon. I am going to paint it white (it is in my daughter's room). I know it can't have mildew resistance. Can anyone recommend some brand or what not that would be safe?

There are a couple of options.

You could paint it with an exterior paint. Or you could paint it with oil based enamel. You could even paint it with interior gloss or semi-gloss latex.

Exterior paint will give your wood good protection but the finish of the paint will be flat to satin.

Oil based will give you the best protection but it is harder and messier to work with.

Interior latex will give you the least protection but is very easy to work with and the semi-gloss or gloss will give you a decent shine.

Porter is good, Baer is good as well. Olympic makes good paint. Or you can save money by going to Duron. Do not!!!!!!!!!!!!! use flat latex.

Someone had mentioned rubber-based paint. I wonder if that would be doable for a tank stand.

I used Behr Platinum Plus Exteirior. It smells awful when applying, but it is wicked thick and very water proof. I used this to paint the inside of my "wall/stand"...you know what I mean.

Back