Any Brackish fans?

I know enough to get myself in trouble... but I've already been asked for that I believe your asking for.

It's going to be a tough one to find... but if you guys find some one I think it's going to be great learning experience for everyone involved because of how little people do know about this part of the hobby.

aXio;1064086 wrote: I know enough to get myself in trouble... but I've already been asked for that I believe your asking for.

It's going to be a tough one to find... but if you guys find some one I think it's going to be great learning experience for everyone involved because of how little people do know about this part of the hobby.

Yeah I hear the dark side already hit you up. :)

Running one right now with 4 bumble bee goby. Not too bad at all. Much easier than reef tank.

We had a brackish set up at the store for quite some time. Archerfish, mudskippers, puffers, bumblebee gobies, humphead glassfish, freshwater lionfish, a large bunch.

Would NOT refer to myself as an expert. But interested.

I've kept a colony of Hawaiian dwarf volcano shrimp in a room-temp vase (DIY take on an EcoSphere, with a more sensible approach to food/water quality management) on my desk for the last few years - it's run at 1.018 as there is also a blue-leg hermit & asterina starfish in residence. So no not technically brackish (1.004-1.010?), more like "not full saltwater".

BulkRate;1064264 wrote: Would NOT refer to myself as an expert. But interested.

I've kept a colony of Hawaiian dwarf volcano shrimp in a room-temp vase (DIY take on an EcoSphere, with a more sensible approach to food/water quality management) on my desk for the last few years - it's run at 1.018 as there is also a blue-leg hermit & asterina starfish in residence. So no not technically brackish (1.004-1.010?), more like "not full saltwater".

I'd like to see pics :) I've always found the reef vases super neat :up:

Merry Christmas, EliTheLion. ;)

Started on an in-office challenge with a coworker (his passed likely due to copper contamination, though). No breeding as of yet - likely need a larger jar to give the little guys an environmental cue that a bigger population would be OK. The shrimp themselves are tough as nails & I've tried to select additional inhabitants that are equally hardy.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1064289=65568-ShrimpPit122015.jpg
>
1064289=65568-ShrimpPit122015.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ShrimpPit122015.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Was battery powered... switched to USB as it was annoying to change out rechargeable NiHM cells every day.

I'm now playing around with some blue/white LEDs salvaged out of automotive bling... now that there's an anemone (majano!) in there I kinda need a little more lighting for both driving photosynthesis & "pop" on the pigments.

Back