Any DIY fish food makers out there?

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
I’d like to stop using the small little cubes as I’m feeding ten of those a day now.

Anyone here make their own food that would be willing to make more for me to buy from ya?

I’m not being lazy - just super busy and don’t really wanna pay retail prices. I will if I have to. But thought I’d reach out here first.

I've got some I made from just a frozen mix that contains shrimp, squid, oysters and scalopes. Didn't add any extra vitamins or veggies or anything though. You're welcome to a bag or 2 as it takes me months to go through one.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Nancy was too but I’m not trying to bother her while she’s dealing with medical issues.

Premier sells Rods food and I think I might get that until I find someone who wants to (and I trust lol)

I've got some I made from just a frozen mix that contains shrimp, squid, oysters and scalopes. Didn't add any extra vitamins or veggies or anything though. You're welcome to a bag or 2 as it takes me months to go through one.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk
I appreciate that. Let me research those ingredients. I might need some with veggies as I’ve got six tangs (larger ones) in my frag tank.

I also make my food once a year. I still have about 3 months left over until next batch. It’s a smells fishy when I make it :)

I use brs diy reef food formula.
I might do that - I just have a tiny kitchen and whatnot...

Although..... I could prepare it at the restaurant and just freeze it and take it home with me.

If you can get enough to get by for a few months I'll be makeing a batch by then.
I mean. I’m not desperate by any means. I just figured it would be healthier and cheaper to get an omnivore mix from someone who’s already making some.

I’ll grab some rods food tonight after I visit Leo and see what my fish think of it.

I go to Big H and Assi and pick up squid, clams and whatever else looks good and fresh. I also have a friend that owns a sushi restaurant and I get scraps from him. Freeze it all and chop it up in the food processor. The then add mysis to the mix and massago (the small orange eggs rods sells). Throw it in ziploc bags flatted out to less than a 1/4" with a rolling pin and refreeze.

I've still got some of these to spare, but like Dave no vitamins or veggies. I just thaw in Selcon and feed nori.

You want to go to the seafood department and get the "seafood mix". It has Shrimp, Oyster, Clam, Mussles, Octopus, and Squid in it. Make sure the shrimp is raw. It should be like $3.00 a lb. Freeze all of it. Place it frozen in the blender with a little bit of tank water. You want it to be like paste, not liquid. (Liquid will freeze too hard for you to break up later. Place it in gallon freezer bags only about 1/4" thick when layed flat. Get all the air out and freeze flat. Then just break it out when you want it."

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

I mean. I’m not desperate by any means. I just figured it would be healthier and cheaper to get an omnivore mix from someone who’s already making some.

I’ll grab some rods food tonight after I visit Leo and see what my fish think of it.
I so wish I had been on here and seen this - I have 3 gallon zip lock bags. If you're so amazed and impressed by Acworth that you want to drive up here again - let me know.

You want to go to the seafood department and get the "seafood mix". It has Shrimp, Oyster, Clam, Mussles, Octopus, and Squid in it. Make sure the shrimp is raw. It should be like $3.00 a lb. Freeze all of it. Place it frozen in the blender with a little bit of tank water. You want it to be like paste, not liquid. (Liquid will freeze too hard for you to break up later. Place it in gallon freezer bags only about 1/4" thick when layed flat. Get all the air out and freeze flat. Then just break it out when you want it."

The cheese grater attachment of a food processor works much, much better IME - as long as everything is frozen.

The cheese grater attachment of a food processor works much, much better IME - as long as everything is frozen.
Im sure it would. A friend sent that to me like 12 years ago. Had to uae that email search bar haha

Back