Any Feedback on Neptune Dos?

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Trying to decide between getting the Neptune Dos or Vertex's new Cal RX. Anyone have some feedback that they can give on the Dos?

This is one I took a serious look at but I needed 2 and it was just going to be too expensive for the budget. Really liked what I read about it and the reviews were great. Don't think you can go wrong with this one.

This is a little bit of a tangent, but does a cal rx act like a denitrifier (spelling?)? Slow flow, lots of surface area for bacteria, etc. if so, it may be a benefit of going with the reactor.

JBDreefs;1026235 wrote: This is a little bit of a tangent, but does a cal rx act like a denitrifier (spelling?)? Slow flow, lots of surface area for bacteria, etc. if so, it may be a benefit of going with the reactor.

Being that a Calcium Reactor works by lowering PH levels to an acidic level, I wouldn't think that many (if any) bacteria could live in that environment. I could be wrong, just never considered it before.

I did a quick google search, looks like the bacteria likes a ph of 7-9. Oh well, just a thought...

Just a thought. I know Jeff (purpoise aquatics) runs a biopellet reactor off his refugium output. It's a slow flow and no pump. I thought it was a really great idea. Maybe he can chime in.

Back