Any Glass Cutters?

siren's eye

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone who can drill holes in my tank that's near Kennesaw. I don't need it done yet, I'm just looking around for when I'm ready.

Thanks!

In the spirit of DIY, you could always buy a dremel and diamond bits. Then DIY :)

Or get the Nieko five piece diamond dust hole saw kit off of ebay. Thats what I did and it was super easy. Just take your time and pour some water on the glass.

Is it really that hard?? I am so scared to break the glass. I tried to make a glass cover for my tank, and couldn't even get that to work with a straight cutter.

I have an 18 volt cordless... took two batteries to drill five holes through 1/2 inch glass.

You could probably do it with a 12 volt too. You cant try drilling too fast or applying too much pressure or you'll just break the glass. Some steady pressure, a medium speed and some water and you'll get the holes cut in no time

I got a mini drill press from home depot to help me get started with the holes, get some plumbers putty and make a circle around the area you wish to drill and fill it with cold water. Let the weight of the drill make the hole. I drilled my 20L with no problems.

Thats true... you can do that too... I had to drill a template into a piece of wood because my glass was vertical.

Look at you tube for glass drilling some inspiration it looks easy a variable speed drill is the key so you don't drill too fast.

But please remember this - use water to cool the cut area and as soon as you see water dripping on the other side of the glass, then put your free hand (with paper towel) or bucket/box under the the glass you are cutting - to catch the cut glass.

Back