Any home remedies for BTA stings

eandrews

Market
Reaction score
I think he got me last night and I've been running a fever of 102 on and off since last night after dropping him in the tank, with the body aches, does this even sound like a symptom of a sting? Just wondering it there is anything to drink or try. I did handle it a bit to set it on a rock but didnt' think about the bottom of her...

Thanks for any constructive feedback.

Handling the BTA may not have been the culprit; this could be something completely unrelated. With all the news stories recently on
a>, if you see any kind of a rash and if the fever persists, I'd consider seeing a doctor.

EANDREWS;96391 said:
I think he got me last night and I've been running a fever of 102 on and off since last night after dropping him in the tank, with the body aches, does this even sound like a symptom of a sting? Just wondering it there is anything to drink or try. I did handle it a bit to set it on a rock but didnt' think about the bottom of her...

Thanks for any constructive feedback.[/quote
Does the skin on your hand have a rash? Hows your breathing? It sound like a trip to the hospital. A BTA sting can be like a bees, some people are very allergic. Immediately after a sting best to soak wound in vinegar, just like a jellyfish sting.

Nothing at all on my hand/skin - Just had a fever solid on and off the past 48 hrs.

I'm gonna take some benadryl today and see if that helps it out.

E

Benadryl will not help with your fever. It is only a Histamine Blocker (basically preventing you from itching). If you want an over the counter fever reducer, you should be taking acetaminophen (Tylenol). That will help with your aches. I don't think it is the sting related but more of a coincident. Should go to the physician if the symptoms persist.

As for an allergic reaction. You would be itching, swelling in the skin, lips, eyelids, etc...Hardness of breathing, etc. In extreme cases death within couple of hours.

wow, this has me thinking, anyone been stang by a fox face? How did it feel, came close one day but pulled my hand out in time...........

pee on it.... oh wait that is crazy talk...

In the future, as soon as you get hit use friction near the area of the sting to losen any stingers while the area is submerged or soaked in Vodka or Vinegar.

If you start having fever and such as noted above, go to the doctor. Allergic reactions to stings should be handled very carefully.

Game411;96544 wrote: wow, this has me thinking, anyone been stang by a fox face? How did it feel, came close one day but pulled my hand out in time...........
I got popped by a lion one day...Not a foxface though..

There's no doubt that the BTA stung you, as they sting everything that touches their tentacles. However, we terrestrial animals have much thicker skin in general and their stings are not strong enough to penetrate.

If it did somehow penetrate your skin you would definately know because the area would be afflicted. Red inflammation is typical. Generally, when you see corals of any sort having stung a person its on their forearms where the skin is much thinner and it will HURT :).

I agree with Dr. purpleGorilla that your symptoms are probably coincidental... Go see a doctor! Hope yah feel better.

Back