Any idea what he is?

tanks4life

Market
Reaction score
I've looked everywhere trying to identify this guy. He's the reason this club was brought up. They said someone here would know.
cd76679f700f29c31bbd9019cc2723d3.jpg
alt="" />
21e8bc54c92f1ff943c178ad88ab2200.jpg
alt="" />

It's hard to tell from the pics. Maybe a large damsel of sorts???

He came in as an assorted damsel. But he resembles the gold striped chromis. .. but I've looked through all the damsels and chromis I could find and I have yet to successfully identify him.

Lol that's a bar goby. He's about 6 inches long. Camera blurred his stripe. Sad cause actually a very pretty fish. Lol

Be forewarned!! Many will chime in about how much they despise damsels; especially ones that have blue in them. I; on the other hand, love the blue damsels. Brings back memories of snorkeling in the seas around the far east; especially during low tide when you could see them swimming in the small pools.

Wannabee

Lol. I generally advise against damsels in a reef tank. Unless you go with damsels only. But so far he's been in there roughly 8 months and never harmed anything

Lol I thought it may have been a fire fish. Only thing I can find is a black and gold chromis but only very few actually look like him on google.

He is identical to the black and gold except the deep purple in front of his body.

They go to a darker color as they age from what I saw. Maybe he's in a awkward phase at the moment

The black lines do seem to be fading and after searching for black mouth bicolor chromis it pulled up more info on them. Yes it seems that you called it!! Thanks

Yup gotta love the many different names of a single fish. Unfortunately it appears he will not be staying the my display much longer. He will moved to frag tank 1. Probably on the next waterchange.

Yeah they changed the scientific name as well sound like they can be fairly aggressive

Back