Any idea what this is??

cment

Market
Reaction score
So Im in near the end of cycling a 30 gallon frag tank and I shut down the pump for the first time to try and adjust the vibration from the pump, upon restarting the pump I noticed all this brownish stuff coming off and into the tank. I am using braided vinyl tubing on my return and drain for the fist time and wondering if this is normal. Was it just a build up from the bacteria establishing in the tank or should I be worried about this braided vinyl tubing???
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
964075=54601-image.jpg
>
964075=54601-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

heathlindner25;964091 wrote: Got a pic of the flex-pipe your using?

here ya go...purchased it from HD
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
964098=54608-image.jpg
>
964098=54608-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

jrhunter0000;964093 wrote: Looks like a mix of sand, salt, and diatoms lol

No sand is in the tank since it'll just be for frags but I agree it did look like salt residue since I mixed it in the tank itself and diatoms from the cycle...

I'm not familiar with that type of tubing... but since you're cycling a tank I would guess it to be diatoms and sludge.
I like to use black tubing ....less build up.

yeah its all HD had when I went, I was looking for the black. OK thanks guys I was just making sure...

Back