Any LFS carry Biota Yellow Tangs?

noobie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any LFS typically carry biota yellow tangs?

I saw a LFS had them when I was still tank shopping last year, but don't remember which store.

Thanks!

Premier Aquatics had some on their facebook page i saw like a month ago or so maybe try hitting them up i believe they get them regularly

Just a heads up if you didn't know, biota sells directly now. They come in around a 50cent piece and pale.
20220117_170343.jpg20210428_150709.jpg

in case anyone searches and finds this thread:

Premier Aquatics do carry them, but they're special order when there is enough interest. You call Premier to be put on an "I'm interested" list. It is non-binding. When there is enough people interested they will place a batch order for them. When the fishes arrive, they'll call you and hold the fish for three days for you.

I get wanting to support local LFS but I'm wondering if when they buy wholesale does Biota still release 2 into the wild for each purchased?

I get wanting to support local LFS but I'm wondering if when they buy wholesale does Biota still release 2 into the wild for each purchased?
I don't believe they are releasing any YTs are they?

I don't believe they are releasing any YTs are they?

"Every purchase you make puts two fish back in the ocean​

You can help us give back to the ocean. For every Biota fish you buy, we release two fish into the wild. We are currently releasing valuable food fish into the waters of Palau, helping to restore depleted populations. We expect to release at least 60,000 captive-bred fish into the wild in 2020 alone. Support our mission and join the growing number of aquarium keepers who care about ocean conservation."

"Every purchase you make puts two fish back in the ocean​

You can help us give back to the ocean. For every Biota fish you buy, we release two fish into the wild. We are currently releasing valuable food fish into the waters of Palau, helping to restore depleted populations. We expect to release at least 60,000 captive-bred fish into the wild in 2020 alone. Support our mission and join the growing number of aquarium keepers who care about ocean conservation."
I believe they are just releasing rabbit fish though. Still a positive thing. I'm as pro-CB and Aquaculture as you can possibly get.
1646762699174.png

Back