Any LFS carry Hanna Phosphate Checkers?

oz

Market
Reaction score
Like the title says, does any LFS carry these inexpensive phosphate checkers?

Trying local before I order this and pay for shipping.

Seems like a great item for a group buy too.

a>

Oz;572736 wrote: Like the title says, does any LFS carry these inexpensive phosphate checkers?

Trying local before I order this and pay for shipping.

Seems like a great item for a group buy too.

http://www.tbaquatics.com/shop/hanna-instruments-checker-phosphate-photometer-742.html">http://www.tbaquatics.com/shop/hanna-instruments-checker-phosphate-photometer-742.html</a>[/QUOTE]

I too think these would be a great GB.

I have an account with Hanna - I can check into it for you if you wish.

If you want to do a PB it would have to go through the club/co-ordinator...could be doable.

Jenn

I wouldn't doubt we could get orders for 10-20 pretty quickly.

I have one and tested it with a 1.00 standard and it measured 0.99 so mine is pretty accurate at that point. My tank water has always read 0.00

I agree that the user interface could be better. You have to watch it constantly or it will display the results and turn off after 10 seconds! Would it hurt battery life that much to leave the results on the screen for a minute or so...

Also, they just launched the Alkalinity version...

You can get Hanna Phosphate for $40 on ebay included shipping. I would suggest the Phosphorus since it measures a much lower scale.

Went ahead and ordered my meter. Ordered the humidty/temp and alkalinity meter as well. :)

From what I read on that r2r thread you have to use a powder or some type of reagant as well each test or is that just for calibration? My seachem phosphate test kit is way more simple to use than that bad boy....I would like to check out the Alk one but the seachem alk is soooo freakin easy to use too..

well that blows.....I can test from start to finish and have results in under a minute

gnashty;572921 wrote: well that blows.....I can test from start to finish and have results in under a minute

different strokes.

Oz;572926 wrote: different strokes.

Oh I know Oz - I prefer to be digital with it as well - I love toys

It will pay for itself considering you wouldnt have to buy anything but regeant long term. I would just want it to simplify the process, not lengthen it.

Do you need a regeant for the Alk too?

Here is a video from Hanna on how to use the Phosphate checker.

Oz: I have a 100 count package of reagents for the checker if you want to split them with me.

My only complaint about the unit is that in the time I am able to get the reagent in the vial after calibration and shake until it is dissolved, the Unit's auto timer has turned the darn thing off, then I have to start over again and I have wasted a packet of reagent. Hopefully I will get faster as I use this more and more.

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">YouTube - H I713 Phosphate Checker HC</div>

Back