Any local stores that deliver large amounts of saltwater?

YoungReefer10g

Market
Reaction score
I've decided to get the water for the tank from a store but don't feel like making 100 trips back and forth. Are there any aquarium stores that will deliver the water?

Assuming you have a RODI and the salt, delivery of 120+ gallons of saltwater will cost significantly more than making it yourself, even if you have to do it in batches. I know you expressed concerns over waste water (and I'm pretty sure you are living at home with your parents. I'd bet delivery of that amount of water would exceed the cost of your household water bill for the next month.

Assuming you have a RODI and the salt, delivery of 120+ gallons of saltwater will cost significantly more than making it yourself, even if you have to do it in batches. I know you expressed concerns over waste water (and I'm pretty sure you are living at home with your parents. I'd bet delivery of that amount of water would exceed the cost of your household water bill for the next month.
Yeah, I'll figure it out. Thinking I should've gone with the 100 gpd unit right about now lol.

Put the waste line down a drain or run it down a driveway. Also make sure if you have a flush valve that it’s turned in the correct direction.

It won't matter if you go with a higher per day unit if the water pressure is low. Does your unit have a pressure gauge?

Does your unit have a backflush valve? Is it positioned correctly? The pressure reading that @Adam is asking about will help.

Does your unit have a backflush valve? Is it positioned correctly? The pressure reading that @Adam is asking about will help.
I had mine turned the wrong way for almost a day flooding my yard and only made 10 gallons of rodi water 😆. Water bill still only went up $10

I had mine turned the wrong way for almost a day flooding my yard and only made 10 gallons of rodi water 😆. Water bill still only went up $10
Totally done this before. Turned it to flush and forgot to switch back for several hours. Yeah, water is cheap in general.

Back