Any Neptune WAV users out there?

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Moving my office tank to the house, and due to where it is going, I may not be able to run my Vortech pumps (it is a 36" long tank going into a 38" wide nook...)

Looking at other options that are out there and the WAV seems like it might be the next best option (aside from Jebao/Jecod products).

Anyone out running these circ. pumps, and if so, what are your impressions?

Do they create the "undertow" that the Vortechs do?

Do they require to be cleaned bi-weekly, or are they consistent like vortechs and only need minimal maintenance?

Any other items that are worth mentioning?

Thanks in advance.

my opinion doesn't help your situation at all, but do you find the wav pump bulky? for someone like you who values aesthetic, I find it hard for you to like the design. at least I'm having a hard time accepting it.

I do find it bulky, but I don't know that I really have any other option since I may not be able to use Vortechs. There is a hole in the drywall on one side of the tank. I am going to see if I can drop a vortech in place and see how it works out. May not be the best spot in the tank, but will just have to see.

I have a set but I'm not up and running yet. From what I've been reading they might be a little to much power for you, even at lower settings. Seen a lot of people under 4' saying that.

anit77;1083343 wrote: I have a set but I'm not up and running yet. From what I've been reading they might be a little to much power for you, even at lower settings. Seen a lot of people under 4' saying that.

Hmm. Well, i need to look into that then.

I am running a pair on my 210, I actually find them weak compared to what all the reviews say. I run them at max most of the day just to keep my LPS happy. I switched to them from a maxspect gyre and the gyre was much more powerful all by itself. They just have too many quality issues.

I do not have to clean them often they run quiet and well. I take one out a month and bath/clean it so they get cleaned every 2 months.

If I had it to do over again I would have spent the extra for 2 MP40QDs or even the turbelle nanostreams.

Back