Any particular reason to put CUC in sump?

cr500_af

Market
Reaction score
I know some things are bound to end up there from time to time, but should I intentionally stock some CUC in my sump? I haven't seen any cleanliness problems, but that's not to say it won't happen.
The fuge section has sand, LR rubble and some chaeto (with pods), FWIW.

I keep a few snails in each section of my sump and I've noticed it's a bit cleaner.

Bristle worms are great! Money wise maybe a few snails to keep the walls clean

Well, there's at least one small bristle or fire worm in the chaeto ball. Something popped me pretty good and it was too small to see in the chaeto. I found one worm in the ziploc bag the chaeto came in, and it was pretty dark pink.

Want to see bristle worms? Take a flashlight and look up under the tank from inside the stand. Creepy. I have only seen a few in my tank, and one in my nano that came out of the rock after I transferred some in from the main tank. I looked tonight and stopped counting at 20 worms on the glass bottom.

I don't have a predator for them in my 20 planted so they have multiplied to outrageous numbers. Gonna clean them out into my fuge when the big tank goes up.
Not only do the plant help, but these guys eat any excess food and dying plant matter

Back