Any Reviews on the Fisson Nano Skimmer

dakota9

Market
Reaction score
I have a 14g nano and was looking at the Fisson Nano Skimmer, less than 20 bucks in the latest Pet Mountain Group Buy.

Any thoughts? Waste of money?

Thank you!

What I've heard is that they are flimsy and not that great. For a small tank, you really do not need one if you stay up with weekly partial water changes. Maybe someone who owns one can give a better opinion but that's the story I was told.

Total waste of money. It skims but puts out a boatload of microbubbles. I had to tune mine everyday and it still didn't help. I finally decided that if I changed my water weekly I didn't need a skimmer. I now have the most expensive 84 gph powerhead on the world.

I use the nano skimmer from Aqua C in my nano tank... It works great...but it cost more.

jhutto;309465 wrote: I use the nano skimmer from Aqua C in my nano tank... It works great...but it cost more.

I bet thats a good skimmer, but I need something that would fit in my rear chamber of the 14g bio-cube. I have an air driven skimmer now, it does a marginal job, but since I do weekly water changes anyway, I guess that its good enough.

Back