Any tips on catching a pygmy angel?

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi All,

My pygmy angel has taken a liking to SPS polyps after about 9 months of being in my tank. I need to get her out. This is in a 28g Nanocube.

Any tips/tricks on doing so without tearing my reef apart? I have tried netting her, but she is too quick. Right now I have a large net in the tank with some nori in it hoping she will venture into the net, but so far she is steering clear. I guess I will try a soda bottle trap next, but she is just so skittish I don't know if she would ever go into one.

Anyone debating putting a dwarf angel in your reef? Don't do it!! Pretty fish, but not worth the risk. I am kicking myself for being so stupid.

Thanks,

Victory is mine!!!!! Nori in a big net, she went in, and I scooped! Yes! Off to Creation Reef to see what I can trade her for!!

Victory has a sweet taste! I felt the same after trying to and finally chatching a six line wrasse in my 210 after five days!

Good for you Jeff. I had one that was an ideal citizen other than her tendency to destroy wrasses. Yet when she got into Alan's tank she developed a taste for polyps although we had essentially the same SPS collection lol.

I fear that day. Actually, all my fish should fear that day as well.

Back