Any Trachy Experts Here?

56cbr600rr

Supporting
Reaction score
Picked up this Trachy about two weeks ago. The last three days or so it seems to have had finicky behavior, or maybe it’s just normal and I’m not used to it. It seems to deflate in an odd way, with odd looking folds in kinks as seen below.

66BF27EB-B383-4CC7-9EDB-89707DE68E16.jpeg

Last night it did not seem to have a feeding response at all. A few days prior it would fill up nicely.

Nitrate did spike To 20-25 recently because of Reef Roids I believe. I used much less than the recommended amount. Beyond this I believe the water parameters are good except for maybe alkalinity. Alkalinity is 7. Ph is 8.0. Salinity is 1.025. Temp 78. Calcium is around 420. Light to medium flow. No ammonia.

I kinda feel It could-be lighting. Too much or little. AI HD16 with wattage set around 19 watts.

Thoughts?

Beautiful.

What's your phosphates at? They seem to not care for higher phosphates in my experience. Lighting could be an issue as well. However, they also go through phases of expelling water/waste so what you're seeing this far is normal.

Beautiful.

What's your phosphates at? They seem to not care for higher phosphates in my experience. Lighting could be an issue as well. However, they also go through phases of expelling water/waste so what you're seeing this far is normal.

NOt sure about phosphates, will possibly pick up a test kit here today.

For lighting, would you guess too much? assuming the issue is lighting of course..

Wow I have the exact same one doing the same thing but my other is doing well

Yes, typically too much light. I'm not far, if you bring a water sample when u get the par meter I'll test your phosphates for you.

Back