Any way to get mushrooms to stick?

gajeep94yj

Market
Reaction score
Bought two small mushrooms today

They weren't attached to any rock or nothing. Any trick to get then to stick? They just kind of float around..... And of course they float to the hard to see spots

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Try putting them in a bowl with rubble rock, with low flow. They should attach within a few days.

A rubber band that doesn't mash the body of the shroom should do it after a couple days.

I use cheesecloth....cheap. Single wrap around the rock allows good flow and holds it in place. Over about a week, the cheesecloth with disintegrate without any affect on the tank.

Thanks for the info.

But who has cheese cloth? I had to Google it just to figure out what it was. Seems like the best solution, but I guess I'll try the rubber band first

We just take the mushroom and the rock you want to stick it to out of the water. Put the mushroom onto the rock where u want it and just let it sit out of the water like that for 2-5 mins. Them being out of the water usually makes them stick to the rock. Works for us on 90% of the mushrooms we do it with. The ones that are stubborn and still don't want to stick we put them into a smaller container with rock inside the tank and let them float around for a couple of days until they attach themselves somewhere.

The cheese cloth works well we just don't have time to mess with that at the store.

Jakub

Does this look like it will work? It wasn't easy getting a rubber band around that slimy thing, under water, with nemo attacking me!

khP9iegh.jpg
alt="" />

That looks like it should work but next time take it out of the tank to work on or just try Jakub's method (outside the tank).

That rock is the base of everything in my tank. It would be nearly impossible to remove it.

It floated off over night. Maybe I'll try to move it to another area instead

GaJeep94YJ;1048361 wrote: That rock is the base of everything in my tank. It would be nearly impossible to remove it.

It floated off over night. Maybe I'll try to move it to another area instead

10/4, I usually attach mushrooms to rubble and glue the rubble to the final spot.

Now that is a great idea I can't believe I didn't think of!

Oops.... That didn't work.
Tried the rubber band, first attempt I took off after 24 hours and they floated off.

Second attempt I tired to a piece of rubble, I didn't think I had the band on too tight but I guess I did. It cut it in half....

Guess I'll just watch it to see if I have one dead one, or two half ones!

Back