Any way to save a frogspawn

awodzenski

Reaction score
So... I just watched my lawnmower bleney rip the head mostly of my frogspawn.

My two questions are
Is there any way to save him

What do I do with the bleney now?

He got really fat when I had a hair algae out break and now won't eat any nori to keep him happy.

Attachments

• IMG_20191217_093641.jpg
    IMG_20191217_093641.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
Dip the frogspawn in iodine dip. It’s a disinfectant. Then wait. And remove that bastard fish. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with aestheticlibra. I've used Brightwell Lugol Iodine with great success before. I've saved a few things with that. Also helps with other illness as well as a trace element additive.

So... I just watched my lawnmower bleney rip the head mostly of my frogspawn.

My two questions are
Is there any way to save him

What do I do with the bleney now?

He got really fat when I had a hair algae out break and now won't eat any nori to keep him happy.
Any fish/crab/shrimp that is not well feed will go rouge and eat anything, I would eat anything to survive!!

Any underfeed fish/crab/shrimp will go rouge when hungry!! I would eat anything to survive!!

Honestly it looks to me like that head of frogspawn was not doing well, the dark skeleton is what is leading me to think this. I've never experienced any kind of behavior like you are describing with a blenny. If he is truly hungry he will eat the food provided. Mine is a pig and loves frozen mysis along with algae.

I agree with @bhodges82,
I had the same problem with my frogspawn when my nitrates are so high

I had a spike in the middle of last month that went from 0 to .25. but I had that back to 0 about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

But I have seen him bite the frogspawn twice before last week and chased him off it.

Yeah. Some fish just do weird stuff. I’ve had a few delinquent fish that did stuff they weren’t supposed to. I’d either separate that coral or that fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to figure out how to get him out now... He's driving me crazy. It will even let me touch him if he's in a crack and can't get him out.... But if he's in the open he runs the second someone walks into the room.

I have seen him nip at both heads.

I have had the tank set up for about a year now and it is about 2 years old.

I have algae in other places in the tank and nori on the glass and over feed frozen food to try to keep everyone away from the coral.

Back