Any way to treat ph shock?

cr500_af

Market
Reaction score
As some of you may know, two nights ago I had a major pH spike. The system was slowly returned to normal, and everything seemed ok.

Tonight, for the first time, one of my clowns is hanging near the bottom in a corner and breathing heavily. He shows no visible problems other than this... I figure it must be shock from the spike. He spent a little while in a nose-down position, but is varying his position some now.

From what I read in a quick Google search, there's really nothing to do for it except get it back in normal pH (which has already been done).
Since nothing is picking on him, is there any reason to isolate? The area he's in makes it nearly impossible to catch him and I think it would stress him out pretty badly.

Am I correct that all I can do is wait and see?

He actually *seems* better than he did at 5pm according to my wife. Fingers crossed.

I don't think there's anything more you can do. You've brought the water conditions back to normal.

Just keep water quality high and watch for any spikes. Test. Test. Test the water.

It's like a person with allergies - when the air we breath is filled with pollen, we start to feel pretty bad.

Thanks. He looks LOTS better this morning. I half expected to... NOT find him when I got up. Not only did I find him but he's hanging out with his woman. :)

Back