Any Wi-Fi power strip recommendations?

Steve Burton

Vice President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
What kind of WiFi power strips are you guys using and where do you get them? Reading about them, some say they only work on unsecured networks, or only on 2g, etc. I don't necessarily need every outlet to be WiFi controlled.

What kind of WiFi power strips are you guys using and where do you get them? Reading about them, some say they only work on unsecured networks, or only on 2g, etc. I don't necessarily need every outlet to be WiFi controlled.
I used this one Screenshot_20200214-234500_Amazon Shopping.jpg worked well for while. Right I can't get to connect again. I double check and see if I still have it but I do you can have and see it will for you

I used this one View attachment 18390 worked well for while. Right I can't get to connect again. I double check and see if I still have it but I do you can have and see it will for you
I have used one that is similar from a different company for like 5 months now. Its working like a champ.

Wifi power strip

I have it connected to my Google home. So I can tell it to turn off and on individual things. And you can set stuff on a timer.

I bought this one because it was much cheaper than buying multiple grounded outlet timers. At first I was just using it for non essential items(skimmer, refugium light, main light) but now I've been using it for the return and both of my wavemakers. It works great although I did have to do some extra steps to get it to connect to my network.

KASA strips on amazon work great. Have used these strips for tanks for a couple of years with no issues. You can set up schedules, control on a iphone app- label the outlets, etc.

I've been using this one for a few months: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WGN3X5F

I've got a splitter on the top one and have my three pumps attached to the single outlet. I have "routines" set on the two BRS pumps within Alexa.

My config:

Controllable
1. Return pump, gyre, ATO controller (on a splitter)
2. Skimmer
3. Alk Pump
4. Ca Pump

Always On
1. Heater controller (Inkbird)
2. Lights
3. ATO Pump
4. Small powerhead

Mine won't turn on after a power outage flicker .

Reef-pi controlling it would resolve that.

So would having it on a battery backup of some sort.

I've had such odd things going on with controllers and the support from those companies is absolutely horrible considering the premium we pay for their hardware - I'm actually moving more and more stuff off the big name controllers and running quite a few things on smart power strips like these.

Back