Anybody ever us this Reactor?

Yes one of the best in my opinion. I use a single from them, the small on only half the size of one of those containers for carbon. Very efficient water flow through the media and very easy to service/change out.

Yes one of the best in my opinion. I use a single from them, the small on only half the size of one of those containers for carbon. Very efficient water flow through the media and very easy to service/change out.

Cool, I am still undecided as to get a Nitrate reactor or this. I just have softies in the tank and they like dirtier water than most corals , however here lately im having algae issues.

Let me ask one more question , would getting media bags and replacing my filter socks with cups then placing the GFO and carbon in them be close to as efficient as the reactor ? I ask this as a monetary savings route.

I've never used reactors. I just put the media in a mesh bag and bind it tightly then throw the bag in my filter sock.

I've never used reactors. I just put the media in a mesh bag and bind it tightly then throw the bag in my filter sock.

Ok, I bought the cups to replace the socks so I think Ill try that as its a lot less money. After having a $3 dental bill tossed at me today I need money savings ways of doing stuff. LOL

Yes but its not the best setup for one reason. You want very different flow rates going through GFO vs carbon. Get two singles unless you just want more capacity for one type of media.

I run two singles for that reason and they work great. Oh and make sure you get a metal not a plastic bracket.

I have the same brs dual reactors with pump if u need it too. Text me if interested 470-294-9055

Back