anybody know what this is?????

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
I got this rock???? at FishScales for my wife. Actually I bought her a feather duster and Julie threw this in because it had some small feather dusters encrusted on it. Well a few days later my wife noticed that the rock????? had opened up. Also noticed it has some worm shaped resident inside. Cannot get a good look, only opens up a small crack. Seems to open at the point of the egg shaped whatever, like a beak. Some sort of clam or mollusk? Anybody have any ideas.

It is a bi-valve clam, he will attach his foot and most likely never move agian. He is a filter feeder and beneficial to the ecosystem.

I have 3 of them in my big tank and 1 in my seahorse tank. Never bothers anything. But they do have different colored valves on them which makes them kool.

Might want to research it, find out what it's needs are, and maby what it is to begin with.. What impact it may have on other things in the tank before I'd get real comfortable with it.. You had a very nice tank, always better to research what you put into your tank before you put it in..

Yah its an oyster or a clam. Either way its a beneficial lil filter feeder. It will help keep your water clean.

Thanks everybody for your input. I thought it may be a clam/mollusk of some sort.

Back