Anybody using RKM-NET module that has conquered notifications? UPDATE: Solution!

cr500_af

Market
Reaction score
Yep, I've read DA's forums.

Short version: I have AT&T for an ISP. The NET module won't work with my standard email settings, and from my reading AT&T blocks port 25 which is required to use the NET module in this way. They used to do it free, but now they apparently charge $110 to "unblock" port 25. :sad:

I read a lot of threads on DA's site about what email providers WON'T work (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) due to either the presence of or (less likely) the lack of encryption... I don't remember which it was.

Anybody been through this, and know an email provider that can functionally work with the DA NET module? Please?

talk to Oil_Fan

he set mine up nicely - i have comcast for internet and personal email

following along as ill be setting up the same...

gary, were all set with the barrel...

Thanks Geoff!!

guys - im kind of confused...I do not use port 25 (I know it is prolly specific to ISP)

The threads on DA didnt do anything but confuse me further

If either of you want my login to see how mine is set up from the NET mod just let me know....Just dont change anything!!

tell me what options you have, can you change the smtp email server to use the ATT one?

misu;573001 wrote: tell me what options you have, can you change the smtp email server to use the ATT one?

The outgoing email server is an smtp server (smtp.att.yahoo.com).
The port set up in Windows mail is 465, but it doesn't work. The manual says nothing about "port 25" but it is mentioned several times on the DA forums that this is the one you have to use.

465 is the SSL version, are you sure that smtp.att.yahoo.com is correct?
I don't have ATT service but I found this:
mailhost.worldnet.att.net

I just looked at the manual, looks like SSL is not supported so if your only option for that att server is to use port 465 then it won't work.
The manual is saying you can specify the port so you just need to find another server (like your gmail or other provider) that you can use a custom port. Make sure you put in the correct username/password

Have you tried GMX? I had to setup an account with them to get my apex online... maybe that would work for your RKL?

misu;573011 wrote: 465 is the SSL version, are you sure that smtp.att.yahoo.com is correct?
I don't have ATT service but I found this:
mailhost.worldnet.att.net

I just looked at the manual, looks like SSL is not supported so if your only option for that att server is to use port 465 then it won't work.
The manual is saying you can specify the port so you just need to find another server (like your gmail or other provider) that you can use a custom port. Make sure you put in the correct username/password

Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail all require SSL to be enabled. I may dabble with the other server you mentioned tonight.

LilRobb;573020 wrote: Gmail doesn't need SSL - runs fine for me without SSL enabled...

Thank you... Some people on DA's forum said that it would not work but I'll try it.

SOLUTION! Free webmail at
a> works! Use port 587 and you are golden!  :dance:      :cheers:

Back