Anyone do strict Triton?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
I’m thinking of changing things up a little as I start to be more
Involved w my tank again.
Does anyone do the triton method still? Does it require regular $50 testing? Thoughts?
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started using the Triton method about 4 month ago and everything is going well. There wasn't any real change in my tank to speak of since I was already using chaeto in my sump for nutrient export, and I was already dosing 2 part. I sent in a water sample once and got my results back and was pleased to find most of my water parameters were good. There was only a couple items that needed addressed and I bought some Red Sea additives to use. I still do water changes when I add a fish or some coral. I do think I'm going back to Seachem for my two part though. Not because there's anything wrong with the Triton method (other than the stupid cartons the product comes in), I just prefer the Seachem products. So if you want to use the Triton method go for it. I just would like to get my PH up, but that's another topic.

I did zeovit back in the day w the reactor and all, but it seems most have moved away from that super low nutrient type of system.
Basically I need a mental and physical reboot for my tank.
Btw bra sells the additives already mixed so you don’t have to do the cartons :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back