Anyone ever order from IPSF?

thedregs

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my 55 reef/planted tank running. I went for as lowcost as possible when setting up the tank, using around 100pounds of dead sand and 20 of dry base rock. I added a couple pounds of LR to "liven" it up. It worked great. $400 bucks for a fully setup 55gallon reef is nice!

But it came at the cost of diversity. The local stores all have LR, but it doesn't have much in the way of hitchhikers. My biological filtration is fine, but I have seen no worms, dusters, stars, or anything but maybe a few 'pods. To tell the truth, those are my favorite parts of the reef. The fish and corals are there so my wife will let me keep spending on the bugs.

I looked into the "9 for 99" special from IPSF. Not too bad, it seems. I could get some gracilara (sp) and sargassum, which I wanted in my tank anyway, all kinds of little critters like bristleworms, micro stars and whatnot, amphipods, and even an anthelia frag. For 100 bucks with shipping included, this seems like a good deal.

Is it as good as it sounds?

Visit me and grab some handsful of critters off of my rocks.

I don't even charge a dime.

And there is a sponsor nearby, that gives away cheato algae FULL with worms, too

Well, things like brittle starts, bristleworms, asterina stars etc you could probably get for free from fellow ARC members... they're plentiful and sometimes unwanted. You should also be able to get frags of anthelia, xenia etc either free or close to it... in fact, I'll toss you an anthelia frag since you're a new member.

That said, if you want to order the stuff (and get the other less common specimens with it) then knock yourself out... I know the excitement that comes with new livestock!

By the way, I've found plenty of live rock at sponsor stores that is full of critters... the last batch I saw at Fish Scales was phenomenal.

I've never been to fish scales, I'll have to check it out. I heard of one sponsor that did give away chaeto, I think, but I think it was well over an hour drive from me. Who was it?

You tell me the time, guys, and I will show up with bags of water and bottles of beer.

theDregs;371898 wrote: I've never been to fish scales, I'll have to check it out. I heard of one sponsor that did give away chaeto, I think, but I think it was well over an hour drive from me. Who was it?

You tell me the time, guys, and I will show up with bags of water and bottles of beer.

That's Cliff @ All Things Aquatic. If you go by in the evening, odds are I'll be there to give you a beer. Love having him 2 miles from my house... I live about 35-40 min from Cobb Pkwy in Acworth.

I'll be off Friday. I 'll most likely be able to come by in the evening. Hope to see all you guys there. Googlemaps says it is an hour for me, though. I live right off 575 at exit 4.

Oh, yeah, I did! Thanks again. They are working just fine. Nice to see my tank not in pure blue again.

The xenia was down for a day, but now it's out and pulsing slowly, It is a little shriveled, but I think it will be fine.

Glad you're enjoying them. The xenia sounds like it is doing fine. If not- we'll just make more

Back