Anyone experienced hooking up RK Net to Comcast?

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
I need to hook my RK Net module up to my Comcast modem. Anybody else done it? If so, how well did it go (or not go)? I know it was a PITA to connect to AT&T so I'm wondering if this will be worse or better.

The RK Net module has an Ethernet port, check to see if your modem has a few Ethernet ports open.

How far is the RK Net module from the modem?

If it's less than 50 feet or so, you can buy an Ethernet cable that's long enough to make the run.

If it's longer than that, you can still have a cable made to make the run, up to about 300 feet.

I can help you with making a cable run if you'd like.

It looks like there are 2 open ethernet ports on the back of the modem. It's about 8ft from the module to the modem. Running the cable isn't the problem and I've got one long enough.

I'm just wondering if there will be any connectivity issues like there was with AT&T's equipment.

Thanks for the offer G!!

porpoiseaquatics;956519 wrote: It looks like there are 2 open ethernet ports on the back of the modem. It's about 8ft from the module to the modem. Running the cable isn't the problem and I've got one long enough.

I'm just wondering if there will be any connectivity issues like there was with AT&T's equipment.

Thanks for the offer G!!

Probably not - a wired Ethernet connection is about 1000% better than wireless, especially for devices like this.

You may have to open up some ports in the Comcast modem's firewall for you to get to it from outside.

But if you're connected to the WiFi from inside, you shouldn't have any problems getting to it.

Back