Anyone for a $250 RBTA

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
http://www.cherrycorals.com/product....age=1&featured"><span style="color: #1b2c46;">http://www.cherrycorals.com/product....age=1&featured</span></a>

I can't figure out........is this a case of a really great RBTA....or a case of a guy with a good macro lens? Would my RBTA look that good if I shot it up that close and used Photoshop?
Dave

It looks like a baby flametip. Not sure about $250 though. Maybe there is something special about it.

LorenK;355013 wrote: It looks like a baby flametip. Not sure about $250 though. Maybe there is something special about it.

I would think if it were a flame tip they would mention it and charge even more, but who knows?

Link didn't work on my 1st post. Here it is again:
product.php

Looks cool, but looks very small. I think that's one of those things you should see in person before buying.

au01st;355017 wrote: Looks cool, but looks very small. I think that's one of those things you should see in person before buying.

They are babies: 2"-4" per the ad.

I mean it takes a lot of work getting it off the top shelf. You are probably paying for the labor involved.
Chris

Seems like a flame. I'd be interested to see the foot. The mouth looks like it would be a purple foot, and those tend to roam a lot in a tank.... at least, from my exp.

Brian bought it!!!!! I cant wait to see how it looks in person. I might have gone for it, but I have two RBTAs and a Flame tip already. You da man.
Dave

ares;355099 wrote: curiosity killed the cat :(

and worse yet, I ended up getting a yellow torch(yeah, curious on this too) and pink lemonade frag too :(

hey, atleast I qualified for 15$ shipping!

we'll see how the color really is... to be continued

ares;355107 wrote: haha, figured you would have gotten it had you not already had too many :p

Ive been looking for a good flame tip, hard to find. wish it was bigger, but itll grow.

the white rhyzo was intrigueing too till I saw it was 300$ lol. no thanks!

Actually, that doesn't sound too bad for a Rhyzo. I thought they were usually $500+. Besides, with a Rhyzo you have to worry about them eating your fish.
Dave

Awesome...definitely post some pictures.

ares;355099 wrote: curiosity killed the cat :(

and worse yet, I ended up getting a yellow torch(yeah, curious on this too) and pink lemonade frag too :(

hey, atleast I qualified for 15$ shipping!

we'll see how the color really is... to be continued

big d;355368 wrote: <span style="font-family: comic sans ms">agreed... If i hadn't dropped so much $$$ lately on my tank, i'd have one on the way already. :d</span>

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms">d</span>

+1

ares;355557 wrote: no gem tang? what happened with it? got your money back atleast I hope...

To simplify the story: Four of us were getting the Gems thru a diver in Hawaii that was getting them from a guy in the United Arab Emirates. The Diver was basically working a fish for fish trade with the Gem Supplier. He shipped his fish to the Gem supplier, who in the middle of the shipment started wanting to change the deal a whole lot in his favor, so the Diver in Hawaii diverted the shipment to the Gem supplier midway to a guy he knows in Taipei, and the deal fell apart.

I'm getting my money back no issue.

But I am working another deal with a Marine Dealer located directly on Mauritius, where Gems come from, and they should be considerably less, maybe &lt;$1000 vs the $1500 the above deal would have cost.

Never ending soap opera.
Dave

Someone probably tipped him off that there was a thread that had the words "Cherry Corals" and "Photoshop" in it.

He posted pics on a separate thread:

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30191">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30191</a>

Side note: after seeing Ares's (Brian) pictures I ordered one as well, and it is awsome. It is every bit as colorful as the Cherry Corals site shows it to be. I got it this am, and it is unbelieveable.

Akopley;358511 wrote: I am getting one after rent is paid.

You'll love it, Adam. After I bought the last one on Saturday, Cherry Corals site showed out of stock, but I looked today and they were back up. They must've gotten more in, or relesed more for sale.

Back