Anyone have a Ai Nero 3 wave maker?

I like it better than my mp10. With the Nero on random mode you can set the min and max and variation speed. Can’t do that with mp10. Also get a wider flow with Nero.

I totally agree with Jdadams. I like my Nero 3 more than my mp10. The ceramic parts in the Nero are beefy where as the mp10 wet sides have a thin ceramic shaft that breaks way too easy. It makes the Nero easier to service and keep clean. It’s a great little pump that moves a ton of water and the app makes it easy enough to set up. Plus you can set it at a slight angle to help direct your flow where you want it.

Love mine, use two on opposite sides in a push-pull type water movement.. Wide water movement versus the Aquami KPS I used prior. And the app is fantastic.

I have 3x Nero 5’s. I do like them a lot but not going to go as far as more than my mp40s, just because the MPs allow for easy cleaning. Pull the pump head off and soak. However, the Nero 5s are fairly easy as well, just not as easy. Performance I would say they are great and pretty sleek.

I use a Nero 3 on my 20 gallon cube. It’s small so barely noticeable and saves on valuable real estate. Running it on pulse mode at 40% keeps enough flow and is quiet. I can *sometimes* hear it if the tv or ac is not on, if I run it over 50%, but not loud by any means.

I was considering the mp10 due to no wires in the tank and less heat, but the Nero 3 wire is not noticeable and the power head I don’t have any temperature issues.

the app is very easy to use and a plus if you’re already using AI lighting, to have both on the same app.

if you don’t use the snail/fish guard, you can slightly angle the Nero 3 as well.

oh… and it’s much cheaper than the mp10 if budget is an issue

Back