Anyone have a fish trap I can borrow

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
I am giving a fish to a member...but I cant catch him. I really dont want to take my rockwork apart, nor do I want to drop 35-40 bucks on a trap for a fish I am giving away.
Do they really work? If anyone has a trap I can borrow that would be great!!!!

I tried a DIY trap made from a 2 litre plastic bottle with no luck.

Otherwise, any fish catching tips apprectiated.

Thanks!

If that doesnt work, I've had great luck with going to the tank early in the morning when the lights are off an then turning on my lights....I just do my VHO's, but if you dont have those, reg lights will work too. It takes the fish a good bit of time to adjust to the light change. They should come out and look like they are swimming around drunk. take a net and snag em up :) Its the only way I've been able to get fish out of my tank. Took me less than 30 seconds to get my last fish out. Good luck.

purpleGORILLA;191868 wrote: I got one Chris..pm me for my number. I am Johns Creek.

Thanks man. I work in Buford. So thats not too far. I will shoot you a pm!

glxtrix;191870 wrote: If that doesnt work, I've had great luck with going to the tank early in the morning when the lights are off an then turning on my lights....I just do my VHO's, but if you dont have those, reg lights will work too. It takes the fish a good bit of time to adjust to the light change. They should come out and look like they are swimming around drunk. take a net and snag em up :) Its the only way I've been able to get fish out of my tank. Took me less than 30 seconds to get my last fish out. Good luck.
Hmm...I tried doing it when the light are off. This is a large Tomato clown who spends his evenings sleeping in his anenome. I thought I could scoop him right out. No such luck. I will try the first light approach.

Thanks!

Hosting clowns are usually pretty easy to catch. If you pull the rock out with the nem to the surface of the water they will try to host in it. Then you just net em.

Back