Anyone have experience with these float switches?

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
Ok, hopefully tomorrow will be the day I can order my RKL. The SL1 module has 2 switched inputs that you hook up with one of their cables. I would like to incorporate these into my auto top off so I don't have to have an entirely separate controller for that. I was just wondering if anyone had tried these, don't seem to pricey and look much better than those ones that hang over the back IMO. I was thinking 2 of these should do nicely and keep everything looking clean. Any thoughts?

http://fishbowl-innovations.com/product/floatSwitch">http://fishbowl-innovations.com/product/floatSwitch</a>

[IMG]http://fishbowl-innovations.com/img/FAS_float01.jpg alt="" />

Tagging along. Still trying to figure out my ato situation. You're right. Does look clean

i would silicone/superglue the suction cups to the side of the sump. easy enough to scrape off with a razor blade if you have to, but they won't fail.

Sounds good. I may not even use the suction cups, just super glue the bracket.

Now I'm thinking, float switches are available for $5 on eBay. I wonder what kind of plastic "L" I can find that could hold the switch and be siliconed to the side.

Anyone remember erector sets from childhood? I think one of those metal pieces with the holes all along it would do great if it was epoxy coated...and I have the stuff to do that.

Or even an Allen wrench coated. Thin acrylic rods are easy to cut too.

Bingo, right here. $1.49 for a pack of 8. I could order these and some float switches, put the packs together and make my money back, in theory.

>

Yeah, I'm gonna order some stuff tomorrow. I'll use 2 in the sump for ATO/Kalk and one in my RO/DI container hooked to a solenoid in front of the unit so when the container fills up, it stops pumping water. Right now I evap a little over a gallon a day, so putting the RO/DI sensor on a 3-4 day cycle it should keep my reserve full and minimize my ability to screw it up.

Haha, I have a poster sitting directly behind me of "Peter's Laws". Rule 1. "If anything can go wrong, fix it! (To hell with Murphy)"

au01st;332231 wrote: Haha, I have a poster sitting directly behind me of "Peter's Laws". Rule 1. "If anything can go wrong, fix it! (To hell with Murphy)"
no bigger truth than that statement!

I use one similar to your picture. I got the idea off of melev's reef. It works fine with a few adjustments. I actually put a pill bottle over it, drilling multiple holes in bottle to let in water. Just in case a snail decided to get in the way and cause a flood. Also if you happen to have your water level rise over the top continually it can cause it to fail. So I silicone the h@!! out of it.

I have one simular to that. I made a bracket of out plastic so it hangs inside my sump. It has been working for over a year now.

I made a hanging bracket to hold my osmolator sensors. Just hangs on the sump...no silicone required. LMK if you want to see a pic.
Dave

Back