Anyone have good Diy frozen food recipe? Best bang for buck version...

davidinga

Market
Reaction score
Getting tired of spending so much on frozen rods food and equivalent. What are some solid Diy recipes and cost per results?

I get a bag of seafood medley from publix and a pack of nori. I blend it all together with a little garlic guard. Put it in a zip lock bag and flatten it then freeze. I use only a little of the nori and the rest I feed like any other algae sheet. The fish love it and I have not had any problems out of it.

zoaddict;958455 wrote: I get a bag of seafood medley from publix and a pack of nori. I blend it all together with a little garlic guard. Put it in a zip lock bag and flatten it then freeze. I use only a little of the nori and the rest I feed like any other algae sheet. The fish love it and I have not had any problems out of it.

I believe long term garlic use can cause liver damage in fish.

Really????? Liver damage????? Glad I looked at this post. I have been using garlic for years in 80% of my feedings. Other 20 is pellets and new food batches.

nickg;958484 wrote: Really????? Liver damage????? Glad I looked at this post. I have been using garlic for years in 80% of my feedings. Other 20 is pellets and new food batches.
Is garlic bad for our tank mates?

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87919&page=2">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87919&page=2</a>

Posted by Stacy22 here at ARC.

Wannabee

P.S. Makes you wonder why this [garlic] is added to some well known fish foods. Reminds me of [raw hides] for dogs. Raw hides are cheap to make and the profit margin is huge. Raw hides can become deadly when they are eaten by dogs as the raw hide swells in the intestinal tract of the dog and then obstructs the digestive area of your dog and the outcome could become very hazardous to your dog.

Wannabee

nickg;958484 wrote: Really????? Liver damage????? Glad I looked at this post. I have been using garlic for years in 80% of my feedings. Other 20 is pellets and new food batches.

I never really thought it was natural to feed fish garlic.... no garlic in the ocean

heathlindner25;958508 wrote: I never really thought it was natural to feed fish garlic.... no garlic in the ocean

Very good point. Thanks for the insight on garlic everybody. I will reconsider using it in my next batch of food.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back