Anyone have spare Soda Lime (for DIY Co2 Scrubber)??

torqued

Market
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

just checking to see if anyone has any spare soda lime lying around. The stuff isnt SUPER easy to come by, and normally is bought in large amounts. I am looking for a small amount to build a DIY Co2 Scrubber. Its about the easiest DIY project out there, and it will raise your tank PH by about .2-.3. Nice litte add on for those of you running CaRx or those who need a lil bump in PH.

How often do you have to replace the media?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most of it is color changing to make it easy to know when it's depleted. I ran it for over a year and saw an increase of pH level between .10 to .15. You will need to add a tablespoon of RO water to the bottom of the reactor every few days. It does get to be pretty expensive. But, if your lucky you can find an old scuba diving shop who may carry it for far cheaper than online.

I run them under my tank. Usually lasts 7days a canister. I have two just like suggested by BRS. You can get them online for about 7-8 bucks per 3lb which will fill about two canisters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can order a 5 gallon bucket from airgas. It takes a couple of days to ship to the store.

Back