Anyone help drill a tank??

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
I want to learn how to drill a tank possibly by watching someone else drill a new 46 bow i just bought. Ill pay for the bit if someone has one but i just want to learn for future reference so i can start driling my own. i want 2 1" holes at the top corners for drains and 1 3/4" in the middle for my return or i may just run it over the top. LMK thanks.

It's really, really easy. Just chuck the bit in your drill, keep running water on the area constantly, and let the bit do the work- don't try to go too fast (ie- don't push down).

When I drill glass, I like to hold the bit in place with the outer white ring from a teflon tape holder - you can deform it so that you can hold the bit in place before the circle sets.

It's easy - go for it!

I agree. It is super easy. Just let the weight of the drill do all the pushing. If you try to force it, you will break the glass.

If I were you, I would do a few practice drills on a cheap 10G tank. The glass is thinner so if you can drill a 10G without busting the glass you may feel more comfortable drilling the show tank.

Signed,
Bob (I've cracked a few 10s) Z

I know that when we drilled my tank, my friend started the bit on an angle then eased into it.

Back