Anyone here have an ATI powermodual

sailfish

Market
Reaction score
I am planning on switching to T-5s on my smaller tank. It is a 53 custom 48"x24"x12". I am looking at the ATI and Aquactinics solar flare and wondered if anyone here had ether one.

I am leaning towards the ATI b/c it will use less power and just because. The one thing i can't decide is whether to go with a 6 or 8 bulb unit? The thing is my tank is euro braced and the opening is 19" wide and the internal dimension of the tank is 22".

Anyone have any feedback or experience with ether unit and or suggestions on the number of bulbs I should go with. I want to cover the whole tank with light but do not need ton's of light for the very front or back. I would prefer to run the light higher then normal of the tank for viewing purposes as well.

The tank will have a few back up sps from my display but will be mostly zoas' and LPS. I just do not want run the MH and chiller on that tank anymore.

P.S This is why I am selling so much stuff. LOL

Joe

if you want to save money, hello lights is selling a 4x54 for $170 shipped or a 8X54 for like 200 somthing shipped, we can split shipping since i am getting one.

reflector is curved for each bulb and comes with bulbs.

ATI's are nice but dang they are PRICEY.....if you want that WOW factor then those would be the ones to get. But my tek lights look pretty nice and cost less then half.....something to consider. I would get atleast a fixture with Advanced ballasts and some good lamps from ReefGeek.

Good Luck Joe, is this going over your frag tank???

I think ati has some amazing technology behind their T5 line. Fully integrated activated cooling that actually works....pretty neat. They are a little spensive, but they do some amazing things.

Yea it's for the frag tank. I am not looking just for the wow factor but the Par out put. Although I like WOW. Have you tested yours yet? If not I can plan to come see your setup and test the Par.

It seems to get the numbers I want I have to go with a overdriven unit or with the ATI. There is only a 100 dollar difference in the ATI and Aquactinics fixture. The aqua also does not come with bulbs. I don't think the TEK fixtures are overdriven are they?

Here is a link to some par numbers of the ATI
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=989789&perpage=25&pagenumber=11">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=989789&perpage=25&pagenumber=11</a>

to some PAR numbers on a ATI fixture they look good and seem comparable to an overdriven fixture. The one thing I don't want is to buy any fixture and not get the Par I am looking for. I would rather have to much light and have to raise the fixture.

Thanks Joe

you'll get amazing numbers with the ati fixture...they're designed to do so and without over driving the bulbs.

No I haven't tested mine yet. Steve keeps telling me that he will soon.But you are more then welcome to come by and test them for me :) I agree ATI is the way to go, but at the time I needed them, I would have had to wait another 6-12 months for them to be imported to ReefGeek and I did not want to wait. Tek lights are not overdriven, they simply use Advanced ballasts. I have been using a fan to blow across my Tek lights and they have stayed COOL. I feel almost no heat underneath them as they are running. But that would look pretty ugly and loud on your setup

ATI fixtures are normally driven but make use of active cooling to get the most out of the bulbs. The PAR numbers they produce are impressive and match or exceed some of the numbers produced by even overdriven fixtures.

Go with the 10 lamp if you want PAR:eek: God I am going to be jealous if you get one......... Those lights are SWEET.

I think you said 24 deep and 12 high is the tank.....I think you'll completely fry everything with 10 lamps....unless you have this thing mounted really high. But I guess if you want all the power you can get, the 10 lamp would be the one.

glxtrix;277021 wrote: I think you said 24 deep and 12 high is the tank.....I think you'll completely fry everything with 10 lamps....unless you have this thing mounted really high. But I guess if you want all the power you can get, the 10 lamp would be the one.

FYI, I was kidding about the 10 lamp.......:D But I beleive he is running 3 -400 watt MH right now on that tank so I doubt they would FRY if they havent already.

Contact Tim at Keen Reef, he has a super deal going on all the Sunlight Supply Fixtures.

Well I decide to get a 6 bulb unit it should be here on Friday. If I did not mind waiting a month or two I could have gotten there new 6 bulb unit called sun power that is cheaper but has similar performance. So if anyone looking at T-5 the sun power is comparable price wise to the TEK.

http://www.atiaquaristik.com/index.php?id=125,0,0,1,0,0">http://www.atiaquaristik.com/index.php?id=125,0,0,1,0,0</a>

I hope these things are all they are suppose to be. I guess I will find out later this week. One thing for sure is it should lower my power bill. I am running 3- 250 and a chiller on the tank currently.

Joe

Back