Anyone in Marietta/Kennesaw have a PAR meter?

flimflam

Market
Reaction score
Throwing this out there. I'm having trouble in my transition from T5 lighting to LED (Kessil) and while most of my corals are doing really well, my Monti's are not.

I'm thinking if I could get a PAR meter and take measurements using my T5 and then adjust my LED to the same levels that would help.

I'm willing to pay for the "rental", your time with $$, beer, grill out steaks, you name it :)

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
Todd

I will tell you from experience that the kessils won't read right at all compared to t5. They will read much lower. Are your monti's getting burned?

Jvb89;1091325 wrote: I will tell you from experience that the kessils won't read right at all compared to t5. They will read much lower. Are your monti's getting burned?

Yes, first my Green plating monti and I reduced the Kessil output to 26%. Now my red plating monti is getting burned as well. I'm pretty sure the green one is gone at this point.

Any ideas? They're already sitting at the bottom of my JBJ 30.

How high is your light off the water?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Which light is it 360we?

Your welcome. What did you start the intensity at when you first put it on the tank?

When I first had it in there it was as high as 60%. The other corals seemed to love the intensity and about two weeks in or so the green monti bleached. I immediately turned it down after.

I've got an Apex to control it if there's any suggestions for ramping up light/time/color, etc.

Thanks again

Are the monti's getting worse now that the light is lower or staying the same? Monti's are sensitive to kessils for some reason

Green seems like it's toast. It has brown algae growing on it and it's still bleached.

The red seems to have plateaued and it's not better nor worse at the 26% setting.

I would just keep it low for a bit and see if the red settles in and heals. Maybe even the green. But it definitely sounds like it was shocked for sure

Back