Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on here has made their own acrylic tank? If so:
Where did you get the acrylic?
How big did you make it?
What thickness would be good for a 24"x24"x 12" tank?

i know it would probably be cheaper to buy a small tank with those dimensions I'm just curious.

I made my own220 gallon 1/2 inch acrylic Euro braced 3inches and still and still used 3 3 inch cross braces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually found them on FB market place for a fraction of the price of what it would've cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome I guess I need to keep my eye out on Craigslist for some scrap acrylic. There is an acrylic store display manufacturer near my house. I thought about driving down there and seeing what they would charge me for a tank

That store display manufacturer may have scraps. I made a sump out of acrylic that had been used in the CNN center to hang photographs.

That's awesome I guess I need to keep my eye out on Craigslist for some scrap acrylic. There is an acrylic store display manufacturer near my house. I thought about driving down there and seeing what they would charge me for a tank

I have 2 clear cast acrylic sheets (96”x48”x.5”) that are at least 5-6 years old but never exposed to rain or sun light
$150 each or $260 for both

I appreciate it but all my projects are finished right now. That's a great price!

I have 2 clear cast acrylic sheets (96”x48”x.5”) that are at least 5-6 years old but never exposed to rain or sun light
$150 each or $260 for both
Is the protective paper still on those sheets?

Back