Anyone not run a heater?

90gDreams

Supporting
Reaction score
Given they are such a constant source of failure I decided to unplug mine ~5 months ago. Our house is kept 74-76 year round I figure that's fairly close to target temp anyways.

Last edited:
Thats interesting....is your water the same temp as the ambient temp in your house?

Would not work for me as I keep my house at 68-70. In your case I would still run a heater but set it at 70-72 just in case

Would not work for me as I keep my house at 68-70. In your case I would still run a heater but set it at 70-72 just in case
If it was just me I'd keep it at 64 and keep Catalina gobies and temperate sea stars but 74 is our compromise solution. Married to a woman from the tropics has some downside. I was running one with a inkbird smartplug but then just decided to see what would happen one day without it.

Thats interesting....is your water the same temp as the ambient temp in your house?
I don't check it very religiously and do not have a seneye or apex but I generally see it between 76 and 80. I used to check it alot when i was dialing in fans and ventilation after I installed the canopy. I will check it out at 10am before the lights kick on tomorrow and report back. I keep two cheap thermometers in there for redundancy.

77* this morning right before t5 kicked on. My fans are tied to the T5 so it may drop a smidge before halides kick up at noon.

Back