Anyone propegate anemones here?

kwl1763

Market
Reaction score
I was propegating RBTAs pretty successfully in Dallas a few years back and know that 3 club members there still do so on a normal basis and one sells 50 a month to the local wholesaler there. Anyone here so it or tried.

I'm thinking about doing it again but I don't know that I have the time and energy to do it!

You and I need to talk Keith... ;) Shhh... don't tell the wife but my secret plan for my garage is a nem farm! ;)

Xyzpdq0121;219847 wrote: You and I need to talk Keith... ;) Shhh... don't tell the wife but my secret plan for my garage is a nem farm! ;)

Dude, if you tried it your wife would "propegate" something else!!!

There is a club member that does, I hope he chimes in. I don't want to finger him publicly...I'll send him a PM.

Skriz;219849 wrote: Dude, if you tried it your wife would "propegate" something else!!!

That has already been done... It is called having a wife!!! :confused2:

I got an anemone for Mother's Day last year which was purchased at Cap Bay. Debra said it was from someone who was going to start propagating these dark red RBTA's. When I got mine, it was the product of a *sliced* propagation which was just barely healed. She wouldn't tell me who was going to be offering them and I got the impression they were going to be exclusive to Cap Bay. She only had two and I don't know who bought the other one.

Mine is not as garnet-red as it first was, but still very red and very pretty.

I'd love to raise these, but I could never bring myself to take a blade to one of them. I'm hoping it will just split on its own.

:) Slicing and dicing them is pretty easy after the first time. The key is to wait until they are big enough and make sure they are healed enough before you slice again!

My setup was a 100G rubbermade, a ASM G2 skimmer and 2 modded maxijets. I put an acrylic divider between the skimmer and the nems and put holes in the acrylic big enough to slide the maxijets output.

I used 2 Home depot shop lights with daylight bulbs and fed them like crazy. I started with 12 originally. I bought six and others gave me 6 others. All RBTA. If you make sure they are big enough and healed enough you have less then 20% die and can cut every ~6 weeks. They honestly are probably cheaper to propegate then anything else.

The key is getting good broodstock to start.

kwl1763;220350 wrote: :) Slicing and dicing them is pretty easy after the first time. The key is to wait until they are big enough and make sure they are healed enough before you slice again!

My setup was a 100G rubbermade, a ASM G2 skimmer and 2 modded maxijets. I put an acrylic divider between the skimmer and the nems and put holes in the acrylic big enough to slide the maxijets output.

I used 2 Home depot shop lights with daylight bulbs and fed them like crazy. I started with 12 originally. I bought six and others gave me 6 others. All RBTA. If you make sure they are big enough and healed enough you have less then 20% die and can cut every ~6 weeks. They honestly are probably cheaper to propegate then anything else.

The key is getting good broodstock to start.

are those the halegen lights or pc?

Xyzpdq0121;219847 wrote: You and I need to talk Keith... ;) Shhh... don't tell the wife but my secret plan for my garage is a nem farm! ;)

yea yea... we will see ;)

Back