anyone try Fritz RPM

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
First, let me start by stating WHY I'd consider changing salts, because I'm a firm believer in stability.
Well, it's pretty simple: I don't like the elevated levels in a lot of salts. Even the bucket of Red Sea Pro I'm using now has high ALK. I may be a little "different" but I want to set my own levels. Give me close to NSW levels then let me adjust things the way I want to.

Fritz seems to be a newer company, who has had better and better reviews over the last few years which is a sign to me that they are trying to get things "right"
Here is what they advertise... and its pretty close to what folks on other forums seem to be testing out at these days.

Parameters
Salinity 35 ppt (1.025 sg)
Calcium 440 ppm
Magnesium 1425 ppm
Alkalinity 8.5 dKH
Strontium 9 ppm
Potassium 400 ppm

here is the webpage for more information
http://fritzaquatics.com/product/rpm-reef-pro-mix/">http://fritzaquatics.com/product/rpm-reef-pro-mix/</a>

Now I'm not aware of any0one in the area carrying this salt, but for me thats not a deal breaker as I have to drive 1 hour in any direction to get to an aquarium store of ANY kind anyway... (ummmm hey sponsors... there is an EMPTY market in ROME with a clientele that can support it.. hint hint hint)

However, I don't want to try it if folks here have had bad experiences with it....
Thoughts on this salt? Anyone?

According to their product guide page (Fritz' that is), both Premier and Creation Reef carry their salt. I think at one point Ashley or Taylor over at Southern Aquatics had also mentioned placing an order.

Looks like a really interesting product... after I reached the end of my last bag of Continuum's Halycon (overall good experience, but magnesium levels were way low in the last 1/3 of the bag) I switched to Aquaforest reef salt. Alkalinity's a <u>little</u> off (low, 7.5dKH) but other than that it's fantastic. Dosing in .75ml of buffer isn't a big deal to me.

Interested to see what you find on the Fritz line, though. Having a salt mix that hits its marks each time would be great. The downside of using a boutique salt is finding a consistent dealer. ;)

BulkRate;1110026 wrote: According to their product guide page (Fritz' that is), both Premier and Creation Reef carry their salt. I think at one point Ashley or Taylor over at Southern Aquatics had also mentioned placing an order.

Looks like a really interesting product... after I reached the end of my last bag of Continuum's Halycon (overall good experience, but magnesium levels were way low in the last 1/3 of the bag) I switched to Aquaforest reef salt. Alkalinity's a <u>little</u> off (low, 7.5dKH) but other than that it's fantastic. Dosing in .75ml of buffer isn't a big deal to me.

Interested to see what you find on the Fritz line, though. Having a salt mix that hits its marks each time would be great. The downside of using a boutique salt is finding a consistent dealer. ;)

again, while id love to support our LFS.. the cost of shipping from an online vendor is about the same as my driving an hour one way time.. eating lunch.. driving back, and having spend 2.5 hours of my day ha.

in looking for a vendor I used their webpage and put in my zip and nothing comes up.
Our vendors may want to contact them to make sure they are in their database

Joey, of Joe Knows Reefs is giving it a try. Unlimited Color Coral uses it.

SnowManSnow;1110025 wrote: First, let me start by stating WHY I'd consider changing salts, because I'm a firm believer in stability.
Well, it's pretty simple: I don't like the elevated levels in a lot of salts. Even the bucket of Red Sea Pro I'm using now has high ALK. I may be a little "different" but I want to set my own levels. Give me close to NSW levels then let me adjust things the way I want to.

Fritz seems to be a newer company, who has had better and better reviews over the last few years which is a sign to me that they are trying to get things "right"
Here is what they advertise... and its pretty close to what folks on other forums seem to be testing out at these days.

Parameters
Salinity 35 ppt (1.025 sg)
Calcium 440 ppm
Magnesium 1425 ppm
Alkalinity 8.5 dKH
Strontium 9 ppm
Potassium 400 ppm

here is the webpage for more information
http://fritzaquatics.com/product/rpm-reef-pro-mix/">http://fritzaquatics.com/product/rpm-reef-pro-mix/</a>

Now I'm not aware of any0one in the area carrying this salt, but for me thats not a deal breaker as I have to drive 1 hour in any direction to get to an aquarium store of ANY kind anyway... (ummmm hey sponsors... there is an EMPTY market in ROME with a clientele that can support it.. hint hint hint)

However, I don't want to try it if folks here have had bad experiences with it....
Thoughts on this salt? Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Fritz isn't a new company at all. They've been manufacturing everything and private labeling them for most of the industry for a loooooooooong time.

Their salt is great. I would definitely go with that over red sea. No questions. Hands down. RPM is the clear winner there.

I've personally been using Seachem salt forever, but they've recently discontinued their standard line. Good thing I still have a boat load of it on hand!

Pallet of RPM for a lil project in progress ...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1110156=69940-2017-03-09 20.59.55.jpg
>
1110156=69940-2017-03-09 20.59.55.jpg
class="gc-images" title="2017-03-09 20.59.55.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I think I'll give it a shake next time I order, which will be soon.
And dang that's a lot of salt haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to Bump and old thread, but I too am looking for this salt...is amazon the best place?

xilez;1111933 wrote: Sorry to Bump and old thread, but I too am looking for this salt...is amazon the best place?

I haven't compared prices yet. I think premium aquatics also had it.
There was also a sponsor that carried it but I don't remember who

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back