Anyone use Kent Marine Tech CB?

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am just wondering if anyone uses this product and how they like it? I am thinking about switching over to it so I can manage my calcium and Alkalinity better but I am looking for some opinions.

Thanks!

Nope.......use swimming pool calcium...thats all.

When I first started the hobby I used it, but it is expensive to use consistently..That's why we find alternatives....

I am sure a lot of people here use it though..It's a good product. You have to use Part A and B

I already got it so I think I will just use it up. I am VERY scepticle of using pool calcium. Will it also keep the Alkalinity constant?

Vettesarebest;68079 wrote: Will it also keep the Alkalinity constant?
No, you'd have to use an alk supplement of some sort either daily or "as necessary".

Bryan, I just started using B-Ionic 2 part, and I love it. I'm not sure of the differences between the two brands, but my calcium, alk, and mag levels have never been better.

I use and have used this for over a year (Tech CB). Once you have the correct daily dosage figured out it works very well.

washowi;68231 wrote: No you don't....In fact I never use anything.
Then you're maintaining your Alkalinity via water changes or some other method. However since adding calcium chloride exclusively does not add the any carbonate or bicarbonate ions to the system, one way or another, they will require replenishment. Most 2 part solutions are pretty much calcium chloride for Part A and alkalinity for Part B.

I'm not going to argue that you're not only dosing pool calcium and it's working. I've seen the pictures to prove it. His question was "Will it keep alkalinity constant?" which it will not and he may need to add an alkalinity supplement as needed.

Ahhhhh grasshopper....who said there was only Calcium in the swimming pool calcium? Remember the thread along time ago? Simon called the chemist of the product and got the ingredients...thereby determining that this specific brand has ALOT of thing we add to our tanks........

But, I do water changes about once a month.... sometimes I add PH up like once a month as well.

TW

washowi;68477 wrote: Ahhhhh grasshopper....who said there was only Calcium in the swimming pool calcium? Remember the thread along time ago? Simon called the chemist of the product and got the ingredients...thereby determining that this specific brand has ALOT of thing we add to our tanks........
Yes, I remember this. It has Mg and some other good stuff in it to be certain. But it simply can't contain an alkalinity booster otherwise adding any water would immediately cause the same reaction you get when you add Part A and Part B at the same time. Snowstorm.

washowi;68477 wrote: But, I do water changes about once a month.... sometimes I add PH up like once a month as well.
Those two are probably replacing your lost alk well. I've never heard of pH Up, but pH adjusters add alk as well.

I'm not saying using pool calcium will make your alk bottom out. I'm saying it won't maintain your alk by itself. Sufficient water changing, alk supplementation, or pH adjusting is necessary to maintain alk. :)

Back