Anyone use X-ACTO

wake125122

Market
Reaction score
Anyone use the X-ACTO knifes to frag there stuff? This looks to be a much cheaper option and better blades.

I use razor blades and bone cutters. In my experience the xacto knifes get rusty and then you can't change the blade.

I use razor blades and bone cutters. In my experience the xacto knifes get rusty and then you can't change the blade.
I've been using one for awhile it has the 3 blade kit. So far it seems to be just fine. The blades themselves rust pretty easily but the blade holders seem to be just fine. I do taken them and rinse them though after.

I've started using these Olfa knives and replacement blades. The blades rust - the blade holder / knife seems to hold up pretty well so far. And FWIW - I am really lazy and only rinse them every 2nd or 3rd time they get wet.

They work really great for getting soft corals off just about anything. I can slice Xenia off the back wall of one of our tanks and it pretty much comes off completely clean.

Scrape bubble algae off frag plugs? Yep - works great. Also very easy to get individual zoas off rock / plugs etc.

I've got this kit and I love the different blades it comes with. Also I dont feel like I am going to slice my hand open changing the blades on the ones like anit77 posted. (no offense)

Back