Anyone using this doser?

marquiseo

Market
Reaction score
Pacific Sun Kore 5th doser

http://www.pacificsunusa.com/product/kore-5th-">http://www.pacificsunusa.com/product/kore-5th-</a>

[IMG]http://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/20/kore-5th-pacific-sun-led/">http://reefbuilders.com/2014/01/20/kore-5th-pacific-sun-led/</a>

It had a lot of hype, but some folks described bugs on the RC forum. Not sure if those have been fixed. Conceptually, it looks nice.

tonymission;990133 wrote: It had a lot of hype, but some folks described bugs on the RC forum. Not sure if those have been fixed. Conceptually, it looks nice.

You have the link? I have been trying to read all the links. I haven't seen the negatives yet. I do know it was updated around August.

MarquiseO;990134 wrote: You have the link? I have been trying to read all the links. I haven't seen the negatives yet. I do know it was updated around August.

I don't have the link, but I think it was the main product thread in the company's sponsor forum. Very long thread with the "preview product" information. It's probably all good now, but I know there were a couple issues when the first product rolled out. I probably read that over the summer sometime.

tonymission;990139 wrote: I don't have the link, but I think it was the main product thread in the company's sponsor forum. Very long thread with the "preview product" information. It's probably all good now, but I know there were a couple issues when the first product rolled out. I probably read that over the summer sometime.

Thanks! I'll check there. I am considering this over an apex because I only want an apex for dosing. All the other features are not needed for me.

tonymission;990139 wrote: I don't have the link, but I think it was the main product thread in the company's sponsor forum. Very long thread with the "preview product" information. It's probably all good now, but I know there were a couple issues when the first product rolled out. I probably read that over the summer sometime.

****..I just found it and it has over 1000 replies on there.

MarquiseO;990141 wrote: Thanks! I'll check there. I am considering this over an apex because I only want an apex for dosing. All the other features are not needed for me.

I bet I could come up with some "features" you'd find useful :)

I don't have an Apex on my 30g build right now and I'm trying to resist buying one, but the breakout box alone has provided me with a lot of peace of mind. I'm using reeflink for my radion since I got it for $99... trying to resist the urge for a third apex lol... I have the BM doser on my frag tank and two BRS dosers sitting around collecting dust. Will probably set those up on with the frag tank Apex and move the BM doser upstairs to the 30g since it's standalone.

MarquiseO;990142 wrote: ****..I just found it and it has over 1000 replies on there.

If you ever wonder why I'm up replying at 1am, it's because I read threads like that and come away wondering why I did........ :eek:

tonymission;990144 wrote: I bet I could come up with some "features" you'd find useful :)

I don't have an Apex on my 30g build right now and I'm trying to resist buying one, but the breakout box alone has provided me with a lot of peace of mind. I'm using reeflink for my radion since I got it for $99... trying to resist the urge for a third apex lol... I have the BM doser on my frag tank and two BRS dosers sitting around collecting dust. Will probably set those up on with the frag tank Apex and move the BM doser upstairs to the 30g since it's standalone.

Which features you can name? What's the purpose of the breakout box?

Here are my reasons:

I can use a single switch to shutoff circ pumps and return pump.
The Kore 5th comes with temp probe.
I don't monitor pH.
I can use the Kore 5th to dose.
I can use the Kore 5th to WC.
I can use the Kore 5th to ATO.
My lights are not dimmable and have a digital timer.

MarquiseO;990147 wrote: Which features you can name? What's the purpose of the breakout box?

Here are my reasons:

I can use a single switch to shutoff circ pumps and return pump.
The Kore 5th comes with temp probe.
I don't monitor pH.
I can use the Kore 5th to dose.
I can use the Kore 5th to WC.
My lights are not dimmable and have a digital timer.

Breakout box can be used for anything with a wired circuit. So I have a doorbell inside my stand that I press to shut off all devices needed for a water change. Press it again to turn it all back on. Have it coded to delay the skimmer and ATO 2 minutes to allow the sump to empty before those devices are powered up. I have a float switch in my sump that texts me if it gets too high and shuts off my skimmer so it doesn't overflow. Have one that tells me if my sump is too low and shuts off my return pump assuming there's a problem with the drain. Have one in my ATO reservoir that alerts me when it needs to get filled up again so the pump never runs dry. You can have a switch setup to turn on a light when you open your stand door. All of these allow me to get a text / email when these events occur.

Phone alerts themselves are worth the price for me... my wife gets them too so she keeps the ATO buckets full while I'm out at work.

Now none of this is required, but if you're a gadget guy then I can't imagine running a tank without it. :up:

tonymission;990150 wrote: Breakout box can be used for anything with a wired circuit. So I have a doorbell inside my stand that I press to shut off all devices needed for a water change. Press it again to turn it all back on. Have it coded to delay the skimmer and ATO 2 minutes to allow the sump to empty before those devices are powered up. I have a float switch in my sump that texts me if it gets too high and shuts off my skimmer so it doesn't overflow. Have one that tells me if my sump is too low and shuts off my return pump assuming there's a problem with the drain. Have one in my ATO reservoir that alerts me when it needs to get filled up again so the pump never runs dry. You can have a switch setup to turn on a light when you open your stand door. All of these allow me to get a text / email when these events occur.

Phone alerts themselves are worth the price for me... my wife gets them too so she keeps the ATO buckets full while I'm out at work.

Now none of this is required, but if you're a gadget guy then I can't imagine running a tank without it. :up:

Now that portion is useful. Can't I just run that module solo or with the module that allows net access, without buying the other unnecessary parts, to fusion?

MarquiseO;990151 wrote: Now that portion is useful. Can't I just run that module solo or with the module that allows net access, without buying the other unnecessary parts, to fusion?

I think that's the only add-on that technically isn't considered a module in the apex system. It connects using an old school serial type cable if I remember my terms correctly. Fusion access is through the main apex unit also. But then if you want your switches to do things like shut off your skimmer / return and those kind of things then you'd want at least one eb8 module. Leak detection module has also been a life saver for me..... It's hard to say no lol

tonymission;990157 wrote: I think that's the only add-on that technically isn't considered a module in the apex system. It connects using an old school serial type cable if I remember my terms correctly. Fusion access is through the main apex unit also. But then if you want your switches to do things like shut off your skimmer / return and those kind of things then you'd want at least one eb8 module. Leak detection module has also been a life saver for me..... It's hard to say no lol

hmm...For my understanding, I will need the apex display and the breakaway box to use fusion for the breakaway boxes. You stated "fusion also" which means there is another item that gives access as well?

tonymission;990150 wrote: Breakout box can be used for anything with a wired circuit. So I have a doorbell inside my stand that I press to shut off all devices needed for a water change. Press it again to turn it all back on. Have it coded to delay the skimmer and ATO 2 minutes to allow the sump to empty before those devices are powered up. I have a float switch in my sump that texts me if it gets too high and shuts off my skimmer so it doesn't overflow. Have one that tells me if my sump is too low and shuts off my return pump assuming there's a problem with the drain. Have one in my ATO reservoir that alerts me when it needs to get filled up again so the pump never runs dry. You can have a switch setup to turn on a light when you open your stand door. All of these allow me to get a text / email when these events occur.

++++1 I have nearly the identical setup and the piece of mind and the safety measures you can implement with a breakout box is never ending. It's worth it's weight in gold IMHO.

MarquiseO;990159 wrote: hmm...For my understanding, I will need the apex display and the breakaway box to use fusion for the breakaway boxes. You stated "fusion also" which means there is another item that gives access as well?

Ya just the old school pre-fusion method... Still requires the mother unit module

tonymission;990162 wrote: Ya just the old school pre-fusion method... Still requires the mother unit module

Ok thanks. I will just gather parts from sellers online when it is time to get that portion.

Back