Anyone wanna talk about flow?

Markclaster

Market
Reaction score
So I have a 36 bow front tank. I have an Aquaclear 110 in the back left corner. After the tank was cycled I added a Tunze 6055 (250-1450gph). I had it in the top back right corner pointed to the opposite front corner and probably ran it at 50%. But I felt that it was beating the crap out of some of my corals. So today I added a Tunze 6040 ((53-1190gph). I put it at the front left, pointed slightly toward the glass. I also redirected the 6055 so it’s shooting more directly across the back of the tank. I turned the AC110 to its lowest flow. And lowered the flow of the 6055 to probably around 30% and have it on a 5 second pulse and the water from it is crashing into the return of the AC. And the 6044 is pointed at the other end of the tank and also has a pulse set. I guess my question is how much flow do i need and any suggestions on placement/speed to make it better? Thanks!

What do you mean by “better”? Just look at your corals. If they’re getting blasted so much that they are not opening or their skeleton is showing in LPS then turn the flow down.

Back