Anyone with LTA (Long Tip Anemone) Experience?

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Bought one last weekend that looks perfectly healthy with good extension and color. I put him in the 12g for the B&W clowns and they're ignoring him (which is fine--I'm sure they'll come around as they've hosted before).

My question is about the 'nem. He's eating well and not trying to hide behind the rocks, etc., but he refuses to attach to anything. He moves around the tank by "rolling" around on the sand bed and from rock to rock. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with his foot. No punctures, tears or discoloration. I even put him in a basket on the sand bed and after a couple of days he rolled out.

Anyone ever have an LTA that did this? Will he eventually attach?

When we got him, he was on the sand bed of the store tank... wasn't attached to the tank bottom through the sand, so wasn't torn off or anything.

They typically do not attcah to rock. They like a deep sand bed and will bury their foot in that.

I had no idea. Thanks!

Guess he's out of the nano then. No deep sandbed in there!

May need to find this guy another home.

Linda,
Before I set up the 210 I had to keep the LTA and clown that came with the tank in a smaller home until the new tank was ready. I agree with Jeremey, the LTA need to anchor in the sand. The nem in my temp tank would realease and float around the tank then reattach himself in another spot. This went on for a couple of months. he would stay in one spot then a few days or weeks later, start floating around and usually end up in the same location. Once I moved the pair to my 210. The nem moved about a foot and has not moved again. The sand bed is about 3 - 4" so not that deep but enough for the nem. Hope that helps! If u decide to give it up, let me know. I may be looking for one for a pair of Skunk clowns. Hope that helps.
BZ

bobz;325728 wrote: Linda,
Before I set up the 210 I had to keep the LTA and clown that came with the tank in a smaller home until the new tank was ready. I agree with Jeremey, the LTA need to anchor in the sand. The nem in my temp tank would realease and float around the tank then reattach himself in another spot. This went on for a couple of months. he would stay in one spot then a few days or weeks later, start floating around and usually end up in the same location. Once I moved the pair to my 210. The nem moved about a foot and has not moved again. The sand bed is about 3 - 4" so not that deep but enough for the nem. Hope that helps! If u decide to give it up, let me know. I may be looking for one for a pair of Skunk clowns. Hope that helps.
BZ

Thanks, Bob!

This guy is definitely a rolling stone.

If you want him, I'll trade him for a cardinal.

Let me know.

:)

I had the same thing happen to the one I had he stayed a floater for about 3 months and then found a happy home right beside my green carpet. But his foot did attach to the bottom of the tank through 3-4 inches of sand. I tried to get rid of him but I think he maybe comming back again. Just because of his size.

Linda Lee;325740 wrote: Thanks, Bob!

This guy is definitely a rolling stone.

If you want him, I'll trade him for a cardinal.

Let me know.

:)

First, you can have as many cardinals as you want Grandma :D
Second, how big is the LTA and what color? I may go ahead and buy it.

BZ

bobz;325985 wrote: First, you can have as many cardinals as you want Grandma :D
Second, how big is the LTA and what color? I may go ahead and buy it.

BZ

It's green/lavender/white/pink and about the size of your fist or maybe a bit larger when it's fully extended. I'll try to go take a picture.

sold! I am sitting here watching the master's so no problem!

loading up, saddling up and heading out.

I would say see you in 5 minutes but Linda will want to come so it will be more like 3 hours lol.

Seedless Reefer;325996 wrote: loading up, saddling up and heading out.

I would say see you in 5 minutes but Linda will want to come so it will be more like 3 hours lol.

LMAO! totally understand.
Z

Hey guys, thanks for the great looking LTA! I have him accimated and in the tank with the Pink Skunk Clowns, the nem is in one corner and the skunks are cowering in the other corner! hopefully they will eventually figure out that they can go in it and quit hiding. I'll take a few pics tomorrow. Thanks for coming over and bringing him here!
Bob

Back