Apex Breakout box

koopman4

Supporting
Reaction score
Is it possible to DIY a prewired marine rocker switch panel with a din adapter to replace the itty bitty apex mod? They look nice and the setup would be way easy.

Yes it is possible. Here is an example of how a fellow used his own parts to make his own breakout box.

The worst that can happen is you let the magic smoke out,

Seriously, I admire the resolve to attempt new things. Good luck with the project & be sure to post some pics!

I'm gonna give it a go...How do I make it Apex ready? Does a breakout box need to be? I plan on using a din adapter.

Here is one DIY video you can follow. Just replace the mono headphone jacks with your switches, or you can use some combination if desired -

I've watched it several times and the fact that it's not an input device but a command device threw me. An led rocker is yet another story. Watching a YouTube electrician now. Sounds simple...just need to see a panel wired up to make more sense. Visual person only smoke going up is from my brain.

It’s what is known as a contact closure.

The Apex will act after sensing a momentary closure, based on instructions/code you write.

Thanks. Motto is...what doesnt kill you makes you stronger!
Havent even gotten apex up and working yet. Just trying to plan out controller board. Ha this will be a drawn out project obviously

Back