Apex Display

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
What kind of cable is use from the display to the controller, is it rj11 usb
It am planning on getting a apex but the display will be about 60 feet away
Is this a cable I can extend ?

I was wondering the same thing the over day, but figured I use my phone more than the display and it is always on me.

I would say ask neptune but their CS has been lacking at best lately. My display went out and when I shipped it back to them they refused it for some reason and cant explain why. Thought from what I read that their CS was top notch but they don't even answer the phone.

Good luck with your extension!

This an Apex Certified extension cable.

http://www.usbfirewire.com/Parts/rr-apex-xxg.html">http://www.usbfirewire.com/Parts/rr-apex-xxg.html</a>

However, check monoprice.com they have them as well. Generic, built in house and much cheaper. Just make sure you always use a passive repeater cable and I believe you can run It up to 200'.

Nickh06;1020234 wrote: I would say ask neptune but their CS has been lacking at best lately. My display went out and when I shipped it back to them they refused it for some reason and cant explain why. Thought from what I read that their CS was top notch but they don't even answer the phone.

Good luck with your extension!

I always found that I got a quicker response through email support.

For the folks that have the apex
What does the display connector look like rj11 or does it look like USB

The display is hard wired on the display end and a usb male connector on the other end, you can extend with a male / female usb cable that does not have a repeater built in.
If you have a eb8 or any module at the location you want the display you can plug in multiple displays in the same system.
My apex is in my garage with a display and i have an eb8 inside with the dt and although i have and ipad mounted on the tank for all the control off the fusion, i'll still be adding a display on the tank for back up.

bcavalli;1020238 wrote: i always found that i got a quicker response through email support.

this cable that brett mention is good for getting you between eb8's and or modules.

I like the ipad idea, wish I had bought a second one this pass Black Friday
They were practically given them away.

Well one less cable to run from the basement still have to run the power cable for the EB8

pbyrmartin;1020263 wrote: I like the ipad idea, wish I had bought a second one this pass Black Friday
They were practically given them away.

Well one less cable to run from the basement still have to run the power cable for the EB8

The swivel mount for it can go on any which way you want.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1020253 wrote: this cable that brett mention is good for getting you between eb8's and or modules.

Marlons right, my mistake. Sorry about that, Monoprice.com has both.

Bcavalli;1020238 wrote: I always found that I got a quicker response through email support.

Thanks for the tip they ended up getting back to me after I posted on their FB page. Worked like a charm.

Back