Apex dosing code - kalk

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I'm setting everything up to start dosing kalk on my tank. I've mixed up ~1tsp kalk/gal RODI and I just hooked up a 1.1ml BRS doser. I've been doing some initial testing and my alk is pretty low, 6.3, and my cal is 380. My SPS have all been looking well and as of lately, growing pretty well, not as much as I would like. My pH has been up and down, when it got warm a few weeks ago it went down to 7.7, but is usually 7.95 at night and peeks around 8.25 around 6pm.

I think I'd like to bring my alk up to 7ish and get my cal up to 400-420. From my understanding, kalk will <u>maintain</u> levels until a certain point, not raise levels. Is this correct.

Also, from what I read, you really won't over dose kalk skyrocketing your alk/cal levels because it will precipitate out. pH on the other hand would be affected. I tried just using this solution as ATO and caused a large spike in my pH, 8.1 up to 8.3 in a very short amount of time with a aqualifter.

Here is the coding I came up with:
Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:30/029:30 Then ON
If Time 11:00 to 21:00 Then OFF
If pH > 8.30 Then OFF
If I did this correctly it will run for 30seconds, dosing 0.55ml, then shut off for 29min30sec, effectivley dosing 1.1ml every hour between 9pm and 11am and not dose if my pH is higher than 8.30.

Is this too much, too little. Is it more of trial and error dosing?

Here is a link for the Apex dosing Program. It makes it reallllllyyyy easy to develop the code.

HiImSean;1029908 wrote: Link ? ;)
Oops. Lol.

a>

Thanks!

Reading up on things, it looks like I may need a faster pump. What is everyone else using to dose kalk?

Not really, someone has spoken for the one I have, but I was not insinuating that you consider purchasing it anyways. Just mentioning that model since it is similar to what you are currently using.

Back