Apex - Ecotech WXM Module Question

matticus1181

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi All, I realize that the newer ecotechs do not support this discontinued module, but I have older Ecotechs, and I was curious if anyone has actually used this successfully? If so, is it worth it to track one down on eBay, or should I just control them separately, or go the reeflink route?

TIA!

If you should decide to go the Reeflink route and have Ecotech equipment without WIFI RF modules I can hook you up for next to nothing.
I have two that have been sitting in a draw for a couple years. I bought them for some old MP10's but sold them on Ebay and bought MP40's that were Mobius ready.

Hi All, I realize that the newer ecotechs do not support this discontinued module, but I have older Ecotechs, and I was curious if anyone has actually used this successfully? If so, is it worth it to track one down on eBay, or should I just control them separately, or go the reeflink route?

TIA!

Ecotech support told me they provide the old wxm firmware and have instructions to downgrade so that new powerheads work with wxm on the apex. I haven't needed to do so yet but last I checked they do offer compatibility.

I have one running on my system and they work great, way better connection than Mobius or Reeflink. I may actually have a spare on a shelf somewhere, I'll have to take a look

Thanks for the replies! I actually got a newer version of the WXM off ebay for a decent-enough price that if it doesn't pan out, I won't be upset. Gearing up to cycle a new tank and wanted to be a little more automated.

Ecotech support told me they provide the old wxm firmware and have instructions to downgrade so that new powerheads work with wxm on the apex. I haven't needed to do so yet but last I checked they do offer compatibility.

Does this include the Vectra pumps? I really dont want to even start with Mobius.

I'll verify the one I got actually works and may reach out if it doesn't. Thanks!

Back