Apex Fusion Problems, Firmware update...

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
My Fushion went down, has no connection to the Internet for some reason. I just got a new Dell desk top and thought I would install the latest Fusion firmware update and see if this gets me back up and running.
Unfortunately my internet provider is Comcast and I have their Gateway (modem with wifi). This will NOT allow (customers) to turn off wifi. So I called and had Comcast turn off the wifi to do the firmware update (as I did when I download Fusion) and whatever they did eliminated me from finding Apex.
I hard wired my desk top (only devise other than wifi devices) to my Apex but it couldn't find Apex at all not even by entering the Apex IP address.

I've asked about this on the Apex Users forum and have been told by Russ (Expert) to "Just disable the wifi from the devise being used" but he dosent understand "I CAN'T! Comcast infuriates me!!!

Anyone else have Comcast (urg) and this problem? I'm thinking about borrowing a laptop that hasn't been/isn't connected to my wifi to do it?!?
Any help or other ideas appreciated!

Sometimes when you restart (unplug) your Apex it will get assigned a new IP. You can use the Apex Flash utility to find that address, usually 10.0.0.x where x gets reassigned.

Camellia;1002029 wrote: I've asked about this on the Apex Users forum and have been told by Russ (Expert) to "Just disable the wifi from the devise being used" but he dosent understand "I CAN'T!

You only need to disable wifi on the device/PC that is actually executing the firmware update. In your case - the new dell desktop. And you only need to have it off for the firmaware update. Once that is completely done, you can turn wireless on it back on (if that's how you prefer to connect it). You also should disable any anitvirus software during the update too. Of course the Apex needs to be hard wired during the update too. You don't need to turn off wifi on Comcast's router. That's what Russ was telling you.

It's all in Apex's firmware download instructions on their website if you want a more detailed description.

if you look at your APEX controller and navigate into setup does the device have an IP address?

Yes but I can't turn the Wi-Fi off on my device Comcast blocks me to have that option but I was told by Brett that I could just hardwire my ethernet from the modem/router or to the apex. My computer is wired to the modem also...
Hence he said that would not be wireless, I had asked that of Ross but he didn't give me a definite answer he just said the same thing again "you only need to disable the device you're using",
which that's the only device I have I cannot disable that component...does that make sense?

JJ Ocean;1002046 wrote: You only need to disable wifi on the device/PC that is actually executing the firmware update. In your case - the new dell desktop. And you only need to have it off for the firmaware update. Once that is completely done, you can turn wireless on it back on (if that's how you prefer to connect it). You also should disable any anitvirus software during the update too. Of course the Apex needs to be hard wired during the update too. You don't need to turn off wifi on Comcast's router. That's what Russ was telling you.

It's all in Apex's firmware download instructions on their website if you want a more detailed description.

Could you tell me how to disable my network in windows and still be able to have an Internet connection? Because if I disable my network on my desktop PC I no longer have Internet. That is the only way I know how to disable Wi-Fi on The device

Fishtank,
Yes it has an IP, the old 162.68.1.0 I think..... Why...help!

Depends on the windows version, but you should have a little wireless icon in the bottom right hand side of your toolbar. Click on it and you should see your wireless network and potentially a couple others. If any of those show as connected - click the disconnect button for that network. I'm out right now, so going from memory on exact button names.

However, if your desktop is connected to your router via a cable - you SHOULD be running over that connection vs wirelessly. There are some circumstances where that's not the case, but rare.

Also, check the IP address listed on your apex per the other poster's suggestion. That's what your apex is configured for - type that number into your browser to connect. If it doesn't work - post the IP address your apex shows.

Back